133

UNDERGROUND TUNNELS, part one-133

A/n: max doesn't have glasses

FEW MONTHS LATER

Bring lowered into a room filled with walkers was one of the most nerve wracking things Max have ever done. A few months was passed since the Whisperer War and Alexandria being in shambles. They were running out of food and needed to find some fast.

Summer had passed and so did Carl's birthday and now the weather was becoming chillier as September rolled around. Cassie's and Daryl's relationship was still a bit strained since the whole Leah thing, the almost nine year old could hold a mean grudge.

When his boots hit the floor of the old military base, he quietly unclipped the harness and was motioned by Maggie towards the door on the other end of the room. The seven of them carefully stepped over walkers as they walked through narrow path toward the door.

Once there, Magna picked the lock as quickly and quietly as she could, before the lock snapped open and made a loud noise. Max held his breath, his emerald eyes scanned over the sea of walkers incase any of them 'woke up'.

Him, Magna, Maggie, and Kelly walked into the hallway and into a room that held the food. Kel and Mag went over to the two walkers, counting down before they simultaneously plunged their knifes into the creatures heads.

Max went over to them as the girls opened a crate that was filled with food. He opened one of the bags and started filling it with food from another crate, quickly and quietly.

When the two bags were filled, Kelly and him them to Maggie who went to give them to the others on the roof. The three of them started to fill more bags when they heard growling.

Max snapped his head towards Magna and sighed. "The walkers."

They grabbed the bags, throwing them over their shoulders and hurried out into the open area. All the walkers were awake and some were coming towards them. His dad, Alden, and Jerry started to fire arrow from above at the walkers coming toward them, Max took a couple out with his new hammer.

The trio ran past the rest of the walkers and over to the harnesses, hooking themselves up to them. A few minutes later Maggie, Rosita, and Lydia followed, then lastly was Carol, who had gone to get more food in her bag.

***

"Daddy!" Carl shouted as he raced over to his dad, lunching himself in the man's arms.

"Hey, bud." Daryl smiled as they hugged.

When they pulled away, RJ and Judith were in his arms, but his eyes were on his daughter who lingered behind. She was still upset with him, and keep her distance a bit from him, which caused his heart to ache.