066

CHAIN REACTION-066

CHAIN REACTION-066

"So, how's you get out?" Rick questioned.

Matilda, Glenn, Michonne, Kelly, Violet, Rosie, Kelly, Maggie, Lee, Carl, sat at the table watching as their leader questioned Jesus. Daryl stalked behind the man, his blue eyes narrow.

"One guard can't cover two exits," Jesus stated. "or third-floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?"

"Right," Daryl mumbled.

Jesus takes a deep breath. "I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?"

"More than that," Maggie spoke up, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef." Jesus said, taking a bite of the cookie.

"She ain't here." Daryl spat coldly.

"Look, we got off to a bad start." Jesus sighed. "But we're on the same side—the living side. You, Rick, and Matilda had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and all of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other."

"Do you have food?" Matilda asked, sitting next to her brothers.

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum."

"Why should we believe you?" Rick says, sternly.

"I will show you." Jesus declares. "If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

"Wait," Maggie says. "You're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?"

Jesus sits back and places a smirk on his face.

"You would's about to get a whole lot bigger."

***

After a long negotiation, Rick finally agreed. Everyone started packing the RV, Matilda helped her brothers with the jugs of gasoline. "Hey, Carl, Lee."