146

HIDE-146

HIDE-146

"Here, C. Use this one." Cassie gave her brother a different colored pencil for his drawing.

She smiled as he muttered the color's name under his breath like his teacher had told him to. She went back to her own drawing as Judith spoke. "Aunt Carol? The blueberry pancakes are burning."

"Oh, oh, no." Their aunt muttered as she turned back to the pancakes. "You don't like them burned?"

Carl giggled. "No, Aunt Carol."

"You're missing out." The woman smiled as she throw the pancakes away.

Cassie stood, waking over to the island and picked up a photo. "Did Kel take there?"

Judith came up behind and stood next to her, looking at the photo in her hand. It was a photo of Sebastian, the Governor's son. "What for?"

"So we can...learn about this place. Keep an eye on things." Aunt Carol answered, leaning against the other side of the island.

"Isn't this Sebastian, The Governor's son?" Cassie asked, pointing to the man in the picture. "Alice told me a bit about him. Why is Kel just taking pictures of him?"

"To keep on eye him, I guess." Carol lied.

Judith changed the subject. "Where is Max and Uncle Daryl coming back?"

"Why? You like their cooking better?" Aunt Carol asked, jokingly.

Cassie gave her aunt a scrunched up face. "Daddy can't cook with a campfire. He doesn't know what he's doing. The last night he cooked, he burned the spaghetti."

Carol chuckled. "True. The spaghetti was horrible.They're be back soon."

Loud shouting from outside gained Carol's attention, causing her to go out the window and peek out the blinds before her face dropped and her body stiffen.

"What is it?" Judith asked as her and Cassie saw their aunt's expression change.

"Maybe nothing. Alright. You guys get up. We got to move." Their aunt says as she gather up the photos and shoved them into a drawer.

Cassie immediately went over to Carl who said. "What about breakfast?"

"No, we'll come back later. Right now, we got to play the quite game." Carol says.