010

PSYCHO-010

PSYCHO-010

"I ran after the prisoner, snapped his neck. It ain't easy, but Lori, Carl, Lee, and Tilly...They'll get over you. They've done it before. They just gonna have to."

That was the first thing Matilda heard when she woke up. She grunted, raising her hand towards her head as blood trickled down the side of her face.

She has no idea where she was. The last thing Tilly remembers was Randall had escaped, going with her father and Shane to help before her father's best friend choked her until she unconscious.

Matilda roses her feet, stumbling slightly making her way over to her father. She grabbed a handful of his shirt, tightly, that her knuckles turned white. Rick reached a hand behind him and placed it around her stomach.

"Why? Why now? I thought we worked this all out." Rick questions, keeping a hand on his daughter.

Shane looked at his best friend's daughter before turning back towards Rick. "We tried to kill each other, man. What do you think? Are we just gonna forget about it all? We gonna ride off into the sunset together?"

"You're gonna kill Matilda and I in cold blood? Screw my wife?" Rick questions giving his friend a cold glare. "Have my children—my children—call you daddy? Is that what you want? That life won't be worth a damn.  I know you. You won't be able to like with this."

"What you know about what I can live with? You got no idea what I can live with, what I live with! You wanna talk about what I can do, Rick?" Shane asks as his hands flying around like a madman. "How about what you can do? Here I am."

With arms spread eagle, Shane stares at Rick. Her father pushes her away from him, incase the psycho did something.

"Come on, man. Raise your gun."

Rick shook his head. "No, no, I will not."

"What happened, Rick? I thought you weren't the good guy anymore. Ain't that what you said? Even right here, right now, you ain't gonna fight for 'em? I'm a better father than you, Rick. I'm better for Lori than you, man. It's cause I'm a better man than you, Rick. Cause I can be here and I'll fight for it. You come back here and you just destroy everything! You got a broken woman. You got two weak boys and a bitch of a daughter. You aren't got the first clue in how to fit it. Raise your gun."

Shane pointed his gun at her father's head after his speech.

"You're gonna have to kill an unarmed man." Rick said, holding out his arms.