118

SICK, part two-118

SICK, part two-118

Cassidy, Daryl, and Carol (they made Dog stay at the watch sight) stood in front of one of the borders that Alpha had made. Her father had set a few rules for them—mostly Carol that is, don't be seen, no tracks, no killing Walkers.

"Watch, learn, leave," Carol says.

"Yeah, if things go sideways, we head back. We get split up, you meet me right here, alright? That goes for you too, Cas." Her father said, looking between the two of them.

"Yeah, and be safe." Carol nodded.

"We got luck on our side, alright?" He tapped his vest pocket before placing a hand on his daughter's back, leading her into the woods. "Come on,"

Darkness fell over the trio as they got to the herd they saw from the watch area. Cassie was crouching next to her father as he signaled Carol to head back, causing the older woman to shake her head. The woman went to stand up when the sticks beneath her feet broke making a loud sound that caught the attention of the walkers.

Daryl grabbed his daughter, pulling her so that their backs were pressed against the tree before moving a bit through the woods. Cassie stayed close to her dad, taking off her bow and loading it with an arrow as they stopped. The father and daughter went back to back, watching off any walkers or Whisperers.

A walker growled, stumbling towards the young girl, who shot an arrow at it. Daryl quickly caught the creature before it fell, pulling out his daughter's arrow and taking out his knife, cutting into it. He grabbed a handful of walker's guts before smearing it across their faces.

Cassidy grimaced, pressing herself against a tree as a few more walkers stumbled passed them. She remembered to watch the walkers' hands, in case it was a Whisperer.

"Over here," The father and daughter heard someone whisper in the darkness. Cassie's heart pounded in her chest as fear ran through her body.

The duo waited for the Whisperers to pass, before Daryl set down the walker, grabbed his daughter's hand, and hurried through the woods back to the border. Cassie and Dog walked in front of her father, swiping the tall grass out of the way before stepping into a clearing and seeing her aunt standing to next a tied-up man.

As her father stepped out of the grass, his eyes landed on the man and Carol, he pulled his daughter a bit behind him away from the unknown man.

"What the hell is this?" he asked Carol.

"He saw me," The woman replied. "We can take him back, see what he knows. Maybe it's a good thing."