116

HEART OF GOLD-116

HEART OF GOLD-116

"Hi, Mr. Negan," Cassidy whispered, startling the man.

Negan jumped causing him to cut the tomato wrong. "Shit, kid. Don't sneak up on me like that."

"Sorry. I wanted to give this to you." The eight-year-old pulled out a red and orange yarn bracelet with an 'N' and 'C' charms. "The other kids and I were doing art, and I made you this bracelet with our initials. Will you wear it?"

Negan's darted between the girl and the bracelet. "You're not allowed to talk to me, Sid. You know that,"

Cassie wiggled the bracelet around with a smile. "I know, got an ear full from Michonne, but that's not going to stop me from talking to a friend."

"If your dad finds out you're talking to me, he will kill me," The man said.

"No, he won't. I'll make sure of it. " Cassie says, crouching down next to the man and holding out the bracelet. "Will you wear it?"

Negan looked back at the young girl and sighed. "Fine. Stick it on me, Sid,"

Cassidy smiled, tying the bracelet around the man's wrist before hugging him. Negan was slightly taken back by the hug but returned away before they pulled away. The pair spent an hour together, talking about her baby brother, the plants, and anything really.

Their time was cut short when her father had found them and called for her. "Cassidy, let's go."

"I'll see you later, Mr. Negan. Hope you kept it on." The young girl said before running off towards her father.

"I don't want you talking with him, Cassidy." Daryl said as they walked towards their house.

"But he's my friend, daddy." Cassie replied, looking at her father.

"He's not your friend." Her father shook his head.

"Yes, he is. He needs one."

"Cassidy, he doesn't need one. And he's not your friend. He's a—"

Cassie stopped, crossing her arms over her chest. "A what?"

Daryl sighed. "A nobody."

For the time Daryl watched as his daughter's face turned red with anger. "A nobody?! He's not a nobody. He's a person! A person who needs a friend. I won't to stop talking to him! Mr. Negan is my friend! Weather you like it or not."