131

WHAT ABOUT ME?-131

WHAT ABOUT ME?-131

"Hi, daddy." Cassie says, standing in front of her father watching him try and start his bike.

Daryl looked up at her, his identical blue eyes darted between her and aunt Carol before he went back to his bike. "Hi, baby."

"Did I ever tell you about the pedal sewing machine my grandmother had?" Aunt Carol began to tell them, finding the man's struggling amusing. "She made all my clothes. Whenever she got tried, she would have me help. Said it's because I had a really special strong right foot."

"I got it." Daryl nods, still trying to start the bike. "There's a fallen tree about a 100 yards out. We could use the scraps to patch out the wall."

Carol shook her head as Cassie petted Dog, who wagged his tail happily. "I'm done with my part for today, Jerry spearheading the rest. You know, he's taken charge a lot more lately. I like it."

"Yeah, so?"

"So what?"

"You two followed me out here." He said, looking at the girls.

Carol tried to act coy. "Nobody is following anybody, Daryl."

"But you want to come, right?"

"I want to hunt, whatever is still left out there to hunt. Yeah, and you need a good spotter and..." She looked at Cassie.

"I'm followed because I wanted too." Cassie says, smiling.

Daryl shook his head, as his bike started. Carol quickly hopped onto the back of his bike before putting Cassie between them. 

"Hey, I didn't say neither of you could come." Daryl exclaimed, as his daughter wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Move up a bit, daddy. I'm squished," The eight year old complained, her face smashed against his back.

"Tell your aunt to scoot back. I'm the one who's steering." Her father replied in the same manner as she did. "Ready?"

"I'm born ready, daddy!" Cassie cheered, while Aunt Carol hummed.

"Do me a favor, Carol. Do not talk the whole time we're out here." Cassie's father told her aunt.

Carol just laughed. "No, I'm not gonna spook the animals. Don't worry."

"I ain't worried."

"Why'd you bring it up?"

"Oh, my god. See, this is what I'm talking about."