139

AND SO IT BEGINS-139

Max walked with Violet behind Maggie and Elijah to where thy were meeting with Leah and what's left of her people. He knew this was the same Leah that Cassie told him about, the one his dad 'belonged with'. Now didn't it seem that way, his dad picked his kids and family over the woman who he confided in.

Maggie left Elijah with him and Violet as she talked to Daryl. His dad gave her a gun that he assumed was from one of the Reapers before talking into the walkie.

"Leah."

"We're here." The woman replied as a door opened from the other side of the main area of Meridian.

A blonde, short and well built woman stuck her head out of the building across from them. Max couldn't help but to scrunch up his face when he finally saw the woman his father confided in and she did not look like what he imagined.

"Come out. Throw your weapons on the ground." His dad orders the woman.

"I need to see Carver first!" Leah shouted back, causing his dad to hand the walkie to him and take Carver out by knife to throat.

"Come out!" He yelled, standing with Carver in front him incase one of the Reapers decide to shot at him. Leah and her two men came out of the building. "Throw your weapons on the ground!"

"What are you offering?" Leah asked, not putting down her weapons, neither did her men.

"Lose your weapons and and leave."

"That all?" One of her men asked, glancing at the rest of them behind the garden planter.

"You head north, don't turn back. I see anyone, anyone at all, I'm gonna kill him." His dad threatened. "Once we're far out enough, I'll let him go."

Carver shook his head and spoke, his voice muffled by the gag. "Screw this!"

"Shut up!" Daryl snarled.

"You expect me to trust you now?" Leah asked.

Daryl nodded. "Yeah, I do. We're doing this all wrong. We survived everything for what? To keep fighting and killing each other?"

"If that's what it takes."

"Don't have to. I'm giving you a chance to save what's left of your family. And mine."

Leah run her hand through her hair. "No more lies. Jensen." She says into a walkie.

A gunshot fired near Daryl, Max and the others looked up into the buildings and didn't see anyone.