009

DOWN FOR THE COUNT-009

A day or two past since her talk with her brother, she still hasn't told her father put the gun yet. It sat in her waistline waiting for it's time to go with Rick.

Shane had became more aggressive towards Matilda, getting any chance to ridicule her. In one incident, Glenn and Kelly had saved her from being hit across the face by the psychic man after she had, in his words, back talked him.

The pair made sure that Matilda was far away from Shane at all times, which caught the attention of a certain redneck. Daryl had noticed the hostile tension between the woman he beginning to feel for and the craziest sum of a bitch he ever seen.

On the search for her youngest brother, Matilda made a split decision to give the gun to her father. Walking towards the house, the dark hair girl's eyes landed on her father, who was talking with Daryl.

"Hey, dad." She called out making both men turn towards her. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

Rick glanced at Daryl, who nodded and walked off but not before giving the woman a glance. Tilly sent him a quick smile, which he returned before disappearing.

"What's up, baby?" Her father said, turning his body towards her.

"Have you seen Carl, lately?" She questioned. "Can't find him."

Rick nodded towards the house. "He's inside with mom, Lee, and Vi."

Matilda reached into her waistline, touching the gun. "He came to me. I'm not supposed to say anything, but he was out in the swamps the night Dale died and he came across a walker stuck in the mud. He got scared, ran off."

"The same walker that killed Dale?" Her father asked, pressing his lips.

"Yeah, that one." She nodded.

"I'll have mom talk to him." Her father said, rubbing his face.

Matilda pressed her lips, her brows furrowed. "No, I think you should talk with him. He wants his father."

"Matilda, I need this Randall thing done already."

The dark haired girl let out a angry breath of air. "Yeah, and that can wait."

Her father huffed in irritation. "It's my call."

"Hey, I'm not throwing your authority out the window. But right now, your son needs his father." Matilda crossed her arms over her chest, anger burning in her stomach. "I get that this Randall shit is important to our safety, but your son—your children are more important. And that so called son is having a hard time and needs his father. So, Please, just take a minute and talk to him. That's all I ask."