052

HAPPIER THAN EVER-052

The gate slowly started to open. Rick slowly walked next to his sons, when a loud rattle happened. It caused everyone to turn towards it, a possum squeals as Daryl shot it with his crossbow. He picked up the creature by its tail.

Daryl held up the possum to the guard at the gate. "We brought dinner."

The man stayed silent,staring at the group. He looked nervous until Aaron spoke. "It's okay. Come on in, guys."

Matilda was the first one to walk in with Judith, followed shortly by Glenn. Once everyone was in, the gate closed. Matilda began to feel anxious and stood closer to her husband.

"Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons. Stay, you hand them over." The man in the peach collared shirt said.

Rick stepped up. "We don't know if we want to stay."

"It's fine, Nicholas," Aaron says, reassuring the man.

"If we were gonna use them, we could have started already." Rick continued.

"Let them talk to Deanna first," Aaron said.

Abraham cut him off. "Who's Deanna?"

"She knows everything you'd want to know about this place. Rick, why don't you start?" Aaron spoke.

Rick looked behind him, a walker was approaching the gate. "Sasha."

Sasha aimed her gun at the incoming walker and shot it. She faced the group again as the gate closed.

"It's a good thing we're here," Rick said.

Aaron leads them inside one of the buildings. Rick wondered around the small hallway as the room fall quiet until a door opens and a middle aged woman came out.

"Hello. I'm Deanna Monroe. Aaron, here, says you're all here for an audition. Why don't we start with your leader?" Deanna said as Rick stepped up.

She smiled and lead Rick into the living room. Matilda watched her father disappear, she rocked her sister who started falling asleep. She looked around at her family, they all had identical nervous faces.

She placed a hand on his husband's back and rubbed it in comfort. A couple of mintures later, Rick came back and Deanna called the next person.

"Samual," Deanna called, making Lee walk passed his father.

"You mind if I film this?" Deanna spoke, when they were in the room.