017

TILL All THE STARS IN THE UNIVERSE BURN OUT-017

A MONTH LATER

The warm sun hit Matilda's pale skin as she walked out of the cellblock. She kept her hazel eyes locked on the elderly man,who was walking ahead of her.

Her mother and Beth were helping Hershel walk across the courtyard, Lee, Violet, and Carl following next to them.

Tilly ran a hand through her greasy hair as her youngest brother slowed down matching his pace with hers.

"Mom is almost due. What do you think the baby is?" He asked, watching as Hershel stubbled a bit.

She looked down at her brother, placing her hand on top of their father's sheriff's hat.

"I don't know. Maybe a girl."

"I got you here if you need it," Lori said as they continued to help him with his crutches.

The elderly man smiled at her mother, nodding in appreciation before stopping and turned towards Tilly.

"You cleared all those bodies out? It's startin' to look like a place we could really live in."

"Yeah, dad and the others did. Cleared all the bodies out." The dark haired girl replied.

Hershel nodded, turning back towards the courtyard as her mother spoke.

"Hey, you watch your step. The last thing we need is you falling."

Matilda looked out towards the courtyard and saw the redneck, father, and best friends standing by the over turned bus.

Daryl caught her eyes before nudging Rick, Glenn, Lola and Maggie. They look towards the group in the smaller courtyard and cheer when they see Hershel.

"You're doing great, daddy," Beth said, sweetly.

A bright smiled appeared on her face. She was a total daddy's girl, she loved Hershel so much.

"Ready to race, Hershel?" Carl joked causing the group to laugh.

Hershel chuckled. "Give me another day, I'll take you on."

They walk a little more, enjoying the warm weather when snarling from behind them sounded.

"Walkers! Look out!" Carl and Lee shouted as they pull out their guns.