044

BURY A FRIEND-044

BURY A FRIEND-044

After the argument between Rick and Abraham, the group came up with a plan. Rick wanted the plan done quickly and efficiently. There were a lot of risks, but everyone agreed. Lola, Maggie, Glenn, Abraham, Sasha, and Kelly were assigned to go to the school with Rick to take down Gareth and his men. While Matilda and Tyreese stayed with the kids, along with Bob, Eugene, Rosita, and Gabriel.

"Tilly, Tyreese, you stay here. Protect the kids. Hold down in the rectory in case something happens. For the rest of us, we'll take down the school, striking first."

Everyone nodded before dispersing, getting ready before their leader's voice echoed out.

"Let's move."

The group stands at the front door of the church, ready to walk out. As the group steps out of the church, Matilda steps into action. She motions everyone inside the office where Bob was.

When everyone was in, she closed and locked the office door. She leaned against the wall, watching her brothers and Violet place down the basket that Judith was in. Rosita and Eugene stood in the far back as Gabriel sat in on the floor in the corner.

It was silent for a while before a loud bang pierced the air making everyone's head to snap up. The door of the church opens, the air was thick with tension.

Matilda grabbed her gun, standing next her brothers and Violet who had their guns in hand. Her son was crouching by Judith who was quiet.

Gabriel cowered in the corner, rocking back and forth with a stick of rosary in his hands. Tyreese stood a few feet behind Matilda and Grimes boys as a familiar voice rang out,

"Well, I guess you know we're here." Gareth spoke, as he and his men stepped through the church. The floor creaked under their feet. "And we know you're here."

Matilda slowly creeps over to the door, her footsteps almost nonexistent and peers though one of the cracks in the office door, seeing the silhouettes of six men. She backs away from the door, pressing her back against the wall next to it.

"And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore. We've been watching you. We know who's here." The group stayed put, not giving Gareth the satisfaction of playing his game. "There's Bob unless you've put him out of his misery already. And Eugene. Rosita. Martin's good friends Tyreese, Max, and Matilda. Carl, Lee, and their little girlfriend, Violet. Judith."

Violet couldn't help up blushed. She knows that she, Lee, and Carl are just friends and nothing more. Yeah, she has a crush on them but they were strictly best friends.