096

TENSION-096

TENSION-096

Running towards the lumber site after the second siren didn't go off, Matilda pulled out her hammer swinging it at incoming walkers and kicking them away before hurrying after her husband and Aaron, whom arm was shredded.

Once they were back at camp, the couple help the man into the medic tent, laying Aaron on the bed.

"Where's Saddiq?" Daryl asked as Enid examined his arm.

"He's gone. It's just me." Enid replied, looking down at the man's shredded arm. She had a grim expression. "I have to amputate."

"What?" Aaron asked, his voice breaking.

"There ain't no other way?" Daryl asked as the teenager got the supplies with Matilda's help.

"The only way to stop the bleeding is to amputate and cauterize the wound." Enid explained, handing Matilda a book with the directions. "Here."

She handed Daryl a piece of rope making him tie it tightly around Aaron's arm. Aaron whined as the three got to work, Enid grabbing a knife.

"You got something for the pain?" Daryl asked.

"It wouldn't kick in fast enough. We have to do this now." The teen said, coming back over to the couple.

Matilda kneeled down at Aaron's head, taking off her belt and placed it in his mouth. "Bite, Aaron, bite it."

Aaron bit down, hard, on the belt as Edin told the couple to hold the man down. Matilda pressed her hand down on the man's shoulder, as Daryl placed his free hand on his chest.

"You can do it." Aaron said against the belt, looking at the teen. "Do it!"

He let out a muffled scream as Enid made the incision. After she was gone, Matilda took her husband's place beside the man as the teen started to cauterize the wound. She smoothed her hand over Aaron's sweat covered forehead as he seemed to past out from the pain.

As she wrapped his arm, chaos irrupted from outside making her let Enid take over and step out of the tent. Tilly hurried over to the sound of fighting and saw her husband had hit Justin over the face with a pot before being held back by Carol.

In front of her husband was their son and Henry who had a slightly scared expression on their faces. Daryl turned back towards Carol as she spoke.

"We'll deal with him, but not like this."

"There's only way to deal with these assholes." Daryl said before walking back towards the medic tent.