000

THE START OF EVERYTHING-000              Raising her bow, Matilda aimed it at a deer that she had tracked for a mile

Raising her bow, Matilda aimed it at a deer that she had tracked for a mile. The deer was eating as she quietly crept forwards, pulling back the string before a twig snapped and the shuffles of a walker spooked it.

Matilda sighed in frustration, turning towards the walker and glared it.

"Fuck you, you piece of shit."

She lifted her bow and shot a arrow, watching as it lodged itself into the skull of the walker. Matilda headed over to the corpse, placed the heel of her boot on the creature's skull before pulling the arrow.

Matilda grimaced as she wiped the arrow on her pants leg before heading towards the three squirrels she had killed and swung them over her shoulder.

The woman heads back towards her camp where her brother was waiting as she was pulled into her thoughts.

She still couldn't believe her step-mother had left her and her brother behind at the start of the world ending. Leaving her twelve year old brother in a house alone for half a day until she had made it back home. 

Matilda and her step-mother never got along. It was the love/hate relationship between them and started after she found out her step-mother had cheated on her father with his best friend.

The dark haired woman never truly forgave her step-mother and Shane for what they did, but it lead to her step-mother having Lee.

With her step-mother lying to her father about cheating and their son wasn't actually her father's, Matilda and her step-mother had grown to deeply hate each other.

Matilda knew her step-mother was a lying shit bag and doesn't deserve her father, but she could never hate her brother.

Her brothers, Lee and Carl are the light of her life. Matilda loved her brothers so much that it hurt. She would do anything for them.

After her father was shot in the line of deputy, Matilda and her brother would stay with him all day until their mother would force them to leave.

Deep down the broken relationship between Matilda and her step-mother hurt the girl deeply. The dark haired girl never had the mother-daughter bond, due to her biological mother also being a piece of shit.

Matilda's biological mother was an abusive raging alcoholic towards her father and her. Though her father was the one taking the 'punishment' for Matilda.

Her biological mother had also cheated on her father with an unknown man—who she had left them for.

That was why Matilda is so protective of her father, she doesn't want him to be hurt again.