109

MYSTERIOUS NOTE-109

MYSTERIOUS NOTE-109

When the Dixon siblings got to the Kingdom, they were greeted by Carol and The King. Max helped his sister off the horse, who hurried over to her aunt Carol and uncle Ezekiel.

Max shook the king's hand before hugging Carol after she handed his sister to the King. Carol explained that she and a few people were going to look for Connie and her son but when the boy opened his mouth to talk the gate opened, revealing Connie and the group.

Cassie waggled out of the King's arm, rushing over to her father and taking his hand. As everyone was reuniting, Tara came over and saw Lydia.

"The plan was to bring Henry. Just Henry."

"Gather up all the leaders. We have a lot to talk about."

In the throne room, Max sat next to Henry with his sister on his lap as the leaders of the communities talk about the Whisperers and Lydia.

"I know I haven't always seen eye to eye with everyone in this room. But I never stopped caring about any of you. I was just trying to protect my family," Michonne said, glancing at her daughter, Cassie, and Max. "And do right by my people. Alexandria's future is here. Together, with you. And we lost sight of that for a while. But...I'm here now. We're here now."

"I've taken an informal vote with the other council members at the fair, and we all agree. Alexandria is willing to grant asylum to Lydia. She's one of us now. We hope the rest of you can join us in doing the same." Gabrial spoke.

Lydia smiled as Henry took her hand. "Thank you. I'll do whatever I can to earn my keep and pay you back,"

"If her mother retaliates, it's gonna be against Hilltop, not Alexandria." Tara pipped in. "I have to do right by my people. I thought we were on the same page."

"We were. And, when she came to my gates, I asked her to run away. And when she didn't, I was angry." Michonne says.

Tara crossed her arms over her chest. "Then you know why I'm not okay with this."

Michonne nodded in understanding. "I do. I also know why Rick didn't trust me when I showed up at the gates of the prison. And how people didn't trust you after seeing you on the other side of the Governor's firing line."

"I was gonna kill you on sight when you washed up on our shore," Rachel added.

"Okay, okay. Fair."

"Lydia didn't choose where she came from, but she chose where she wanted to be. Just like everybody in this room."

"I left some of my best fighters at Hilltop, but if Daryl's right about these skin job numbers, it's not enough people," Tara said.