067

RASPBERRY-067

RASPBERRY-067

The baby is the size of a raspberry.

The group follows Jesus up a muddy dirt trail, getting closer to the entrance of Hilltop. Matilda walked between Michonne and Daryl when they heard someone yell.

"Stop right there."

Everyone lifts the weapons and points them directly at the two men, who were standing above them.

"Whoa!" Jesus says, holding up his hands trying to get the group to back down.

"You gonna make us?" Daryl scoffs, aiming his shotgun at them.

One of the men leans over the barricade. "Jesus, what the hell is this?"

"Open the gates, Cal." Jesus orders."Freddie's hurt. Look, sorry about these guys. They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing."

"They give up their weapons. Then we'll gate the gates." Cal challenged coldly. 

"Why don't you come down here and get 'em?" Daryl spat back coldly.

Harlan steps forwards, joining Jesus at the front. He looks up at his people. "Gentlemen, Look, we vouch for these people, all right? They saved us out there."

"Lower the spears," Jesus adds.

Rick steps forwards, lowing his gun. His voice is quiet, so the men don't hear. "Look, I'm not taking any chances. Tell your guy Gregory to come out here."

"No." Jesus whips around. "Don't you see what just happened? I'm letting you keep your guns. Look, we ran out of ammo months ago. I like you people. I trust you. Trust us."

Matilda places her hand on her father's shoulder causing him to relax. He looks at her, she gives him a nod telling him to trust them. Rick looks back at Jesus and gives him the okay.

Jesus turns toward his people. "Open the gates, Cal."

Seconds later, the large metel gates squeal open, leading them into the entrance of Hilltop. A mansion sat in the middle of everything, but the rest looks built recently.

Matilda stared at the whole camp, meeting up with Glenn and Maggie as Harlan spoke. "Hey, guys. Thank you again. Come see me whenever. I'm just over here in the medical trailer, okay?"

He points to the Med trailer, dragging Freddie off to the medbay as Jesus spoke.  "There was a materials yard for a power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with them."