053

LINE BEFORE THE HOOK-053

Matilda sat on the couch with her feet curled up early the next morning. Judith was in front of her playing with toys while her father getting ready upstairs.

She was reading pride and prejudice before a knock on the door startled her. Tilly marked the page before she got up and walked over to the door. She opened the door to see a blonde-haired woman standing on the other side.

"Hello." The woman started, holding a basket. "I'm Jessie. I work in the pantry. Deanna asked me to bring these over for you and your friends."

"Thank you, that's very kind," Matilda said, taking the basket from her hands.

Her father came up behind her, watching Jessie closely. "You know, I used to be a stylist. And twelve other things. I could give both a cut if you want." Jessie says, shifting on her feet.

"We would love that." Matilda nodded before looking at her father. "Dad?"

"You don't even know us." Rick deadpans.

Matilda placed the basket on her hip as she opened the door wider and invited Jessie in. "Come in. We can do it in the kitchen."

Jessie smiled and enters, she walked passed the father and daughter and into the kitchen.
"Who's going first?"

Matilda nudged her father forwards. "He will. I'm going to get the scissors."

She makes her way up the stairs as her husband and son came down. "Hey, there's someone here to give us haircuts. Max, let's get you one."

"Okay, mom." Max signed before looking up at his father. "Dad? Are you going to?"

Daryl looked down at his son before shaking his head. "Nah, buddy. But ya need one."

Tilly ruffles her son's blonde hair before grabbing the scissors and walked back downstairs to her father and Jessie.

Jessie smiled taking the scissors and started cutting her father's hair. Matilda sits nearby with Max on her lap, watching the pair.

"I have two boys, Ron and Sam." Jessie started. "Ron's my oldest boy. He's about your sons' age. I could introduce them. If that's okay with you and your daughter."

"That'd be great," Matilda replied, making Jessie look at her. "Carl, Lee, Max, and Violet need someone their age." 

"Electricity, showers, haircuts—I never thought I'd see those again." Rick spoke as the woman finished his haircut.

RULE THE WORLD | D.DIXONOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara