083

PLAN OF ATTACK-083

PLAN OF ATTACK-083

ONE DAY LATER

Matilda was going with her father and the first half of the group to confront Negan, she placed a set of flowers on her brother's grave before kissing her baby sister goodbye.

She met up with her baby brother, wrapping her arm around his shoulder as they walked up to their father and Michonne kissed. The couple pulled away as Matilda hugged Michonne, while her father hugged her brother.

"Be careful," Michonne said, looking down at Tilly's swollen stomach.

"I will." Tilly smiled before hugging her brother and kissing him on the head. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Carl replied, watching as his sister and father climbed into the truck.

When they got closer to the sanctuary, Matilda took over driving for her father as he went to deal with the Saviors.

She and the rest of the group waited for his signal to move. When her father gave the signal the group moved in, and the group parked the cars. Everyone took their positions, Matilda, her father, and Maggie were in front.

Rick nodded to Maggie, who signaled the group to raise their guns in the air before firing a few shots. Tilly kept her handgun pointed to the ground as Negan and his committee walked out of the doors.

"Well, shit. I'm sorry, I was in a meeting. I see you got your little mud-flaps with you. I'm not exactly feelin' a reason for us to try throwin' lead at each other. I care about my people. I don't want to just march into a line of fire because I want to play 'my duck is bigger than yours. It is. We both knew it. But I'm also comfortable enough to accept the fact that if it wasn't. I'm certainly not gonna let my people die over that shit...like you're about to. So, Rick, what the hell can I do for you?"

"Dwight. You're names Simon. You're Gavin. And you..." Rick pointed towards the unknown woman.

"Regina."

"Rick, I'd feel remiss if—" Eugene started but Rick cut him off.

"No. I know who you are. Listen, you five. The Saviors inside. All of you have a chance to survive here. To survive this. You all can live if you surrender. Can't guarantee it any time but now. Right now."

Negan waved his bat around at his committee. "So they surrender, and you and your little piss patrol don't kill them. That sounds like a good deal! What about me, Rick?"