141

THE MASQUERADE BALL-141

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

THE MASQUERADE BALL-141

"Whatcha doing, Aunt Carol?" Carl asked, startling his aunt who was hiding behind a sigh, looking at something. "Are you playing hid and seek?"

Aunt Carol glanced at him before looking back at two people standing on a porch. "More like spying."

"Oh. Is it good spying or bad spying?" The boy asked, looking where his aunt was watching a woman in a pink dress and the man who came to his home, Carl couldn't remember his name. "Because you shouldn't do bad spying. It's not nice."

"It's good spying." Aunt Carol lied, watching Hornsby throw away a box. She hurried over to the trash can and looked inside as Carl climbed onto it and also looked inside.

"Ew." He muttered, shivering in disgust. "Why are we lookin' in a trash bin?"

Aunt Carol reached and pulled out a bottle causing a reddish-purplish liquid to spill out. "Hornsby throw this away."

"Why? What is it?" Carl asked, hopping off the trash can.

"He needs it for the party that they're hosting tonight and it's a drink you can't have." She explained, putting down the bottle and walked away with him following.

"Where we going?" He grabbed her hand as they walked down the street.

"I'm gonna get on his good side." She answered.

"Why?" He asked for the eighth time.

Aunt Carol looked down at him with a bit of an annoyed expression, yet had a smile on her lip. "You ask a lot of questions."

Carl looked up at her with a smile. "I know."

The woman shook her head as they got to a shop with a name Carl couldn't read but his aunt could. Vincenti's Fine Wine. Carol looked around before she opened the door and ushered her nephew in quickly. "Don't touch anything."

Carl nodded, looking around at the dusty old shop as his aunt went behind the counter. She picked up a set of papers and started reading them. "Gotcha."

After getting out of the shop, Aunt Carol told him to go look for his sister and headed off somewhere. He didn't listen and followed after a bit behind her, where she led them to a house outside the community's gates.

Carl's heart pounded in his chest, jogging to catch up to his aunt as she walked into the house. He followed her inside and down into the cellar where he stayed on the stairs as she looked around. Aunt Carol was looking at the bottle on a rack when a monster growled and reached out for her from behind the shelf.