095

DARYL VS JUSTIN-095

DARYL VS JUSTIN-095

THREE MONTHS LATER

Since the run a few months ago, Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Kingdom, and the Saviors had started to rebuild the bridge that was broken. It was tense between the Saviors and three other communities, the three other groups didn't trust the Saviors.

Matilda and her father co-lead headquarters and made sure everything was running smoothly on the bridge construction. Max demanded to help, he and Henry—who became his best friend, was on water and snack duty.

Walking along beside her father, Matilda listened as Eugene spoke. "In regards to our makeshift levee upstream, given the current rate of spring runoff, I'd put its expiration date at another six to nine days. After that? It's slam, blam, sayonara cofferdam."

"How fast can we have those supports ready?" Her father asked.

"Well, Ditto on the six to nine, but if we boost our juice and shed the lead, I think we can beat it."

Matilda nodded. "Good. We'll talk to the foreman, make sure we do."

"Scouts got back." Rosita said as she joined the three. "'Horatio's' gonna pass us by, but it'll be close."

"We got a head count?" Rick inquiries.

"100 and change. What, you think we should push the blasting?" Rosita said as they stopped.

Matilda and Rick exchanged a look before the man spoke. "Nah. If we wait, we'll wind up drawing that other herd."

"'Margaret.'"

Rick nodded. "Right. And that one's five times as big. We got the sirens in place?"

"Hell, yeah."

"Then we blow the rock slide." Matilda said. "If the herd comes, we'll redirect."

"Alright, I'll let 'em know." Rosita said, before walking away.

"Anything on those walk-offs?" Her father asked Eugene.

"As of herd count this mañana, we're down one more Savior. That's six in the past month." Eugene replied, looking at his notebook.

"I'll talk to Carol about it." Rick sighed. Carol was looking after the Saviors after Daryl dipped out of his 'leader' position.

The three headed towards the infirmary to see Enid working on Cyndie's hand. Saddiq and Kelly have been teaching Enid medical stuff for the past year.