085

BACKFIRE-085

BACKFIRE-085

The father and daughter walked for miles until they got to the Scavengers' base. The pair shared a look as they stood in front of the crate, Tilly nodded before Rick banged on it.

Rick and Matilda were taken into the middle of the circle of people as Jadis stood in front of them.

"Alone?" She asked.

"We are." Rick nodded.

"I shot you."

"Grazed me."

"Why back after?"

"For the same thing, I wanted before," Rick said, stepping forwards a bit. "A deal."

"Trust you? Shot you." Jadis says.

"You grazed me. I woulda still been mad if you'd shot me."

"We kill your people. Killed your son."

Something flickered in Rick's eyes at the mention of his son before it disappeared. "We killed some of yours, too. But we need you, and you need us."

"Trick." Tamiel comments.

"It's not," Matilda spoke. "We coulda came with our people, taken this place. You know we have the number for that now. You saw it."

"Still?" Jadis inquiries. "Alone, you, him.  Need us to save you."

Tilly motioned for her father to take out the pictures. "Not anymore."

Her father held up the pictures towards the circle. "The Saviors are finished. We took down their outposts. Negan and his people are trapped by walkers, hundreds of them. Until they surrender or we end them. That's their choice. Now I'm giving one to you. Look, I get it--you take, don't bother. So you took Negan's deal. I'm here to offer a better one. Our people will win. Your choice is to forget Negan, switch sides again. And be a part of the next world that Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom will build together. Or We destroy you."

"Threats and dreams. Dreams and threats." Brion commented.

"Now, our people know we're here. And what they do next depends on what you do right now. Yes or no? What's it gonna be?" Rick inquires.

Jadis smirked. "No."

Two of the trash people lead Rick and Matilda toward a holding crate, striped them to their undergarments, and put them in it.