028

THE PREY AND PREDATOR, part two-o28

A/n: this chapter is literal shit because i literally don't understand the timeline between the last four episodes of season three.

Matilda sat next to her brothers and Max as the group waited for her father to talk.

"When I met with the Governor, he offered me a deal. He said—he said he would leave us alone if I have him Michonne. And I was gonna do that to keep us safe. I changed my mind. But now Merle took Michonne to fulfil the deal and Daryl went to stop him and I don't know if it's too late. I was wrong not to tell you. And I'm sorry. What I said last year, they first night after the farm it can't be like that. It can't. What we do, what we're willing to do, who we are, it's not my call. It can't be. I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good. We're the reason we're still here, not me. This is life and death. How you live—how you die—it isn't up to me. I'm not your Governor. We choose to go. We choose to stay. We stick together. We vote. We can stay and we can fight. Or we can go."

***

The first half of the group decided to drive the Governor out of the prison when he comes and attacks, while Matilda and the other half finds in the woods.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't shoot." The young teen said as Carl aimed his gun at the teen.

"Drop the weapon, son," Hershel said, aiming his gun at the teen.

"Sure." The teen said, holding out the gun. "Here, take it."

Carl suddenly shot the teen causing the body to drop. The youngest Grimes boy stared at the body before his oldest sister stepped up to him. She placed her hand on his shoulder.

Back in the prison, the two half of the group meet in the main block. Matilda hugs her father before heading over to her redneck and planted a kiss on his lips.

"Dad, I'm coming to Woodbury," Carl said, catching their father's attention.

Rick kneeled down to his level and sighed. "Carl."

"Dad, I did my job out there. Just like all of you. Took out one of the Governor's soldiers." Carl explained.

"One of his soldiers? A kid running away? He stumbled across us." Hershel said, looking at Carl.

"No, he drew on us," Carl said.

"I'm sorry you had to do that," Rick said, placing a hand on his son's shoulder.