120

CAVE IN, part one-120

Cassie stood with her family listening to Gabriel's speech about Saddiq, whipping away a stray tear as the man picked up a handful of dirt and placed it on the grave. Everyone from Hilltop had come to the funeral, each devastated at the loss of one of their people.

Each of the members of Hilltop and Alexandria took their turns saying goodbye and placing a handful of dirt on Saddiq's grave. Cassidy's heart clutched with sadness as she watched Rosita crouch down placing her handful of dirt on the father of her child's grave, tears fell from the woman's eyes.

As the funeral was over, everyone disbanded leaving the mourning woman in peace. Cassie went to pick up her brother, while their father carried RJ away when Carl stepped out of her reach and walked towards Rosita.

The eight-year-old watched her brother kneel down next to their aunt, placing his tiny on her shoulder which caused her to look at him. A small smile spread across her lips as Rosita hugged Carl, needing someone to hold in a time of need.

"It's okay, Ro," Carl whispered. "I'm here. I'll make you feel better,"

Rosita squeezed the boy tighter as tears cascaded down her face. "Thank you,"

A few minutes later, the pair let each other go before standing up and walking over to Cassie, hand in hand. The youngest Dixon girl grabbed Rosita's free hand as they walked down the street.

A few hours later, Cassidy was on the back of her aunt Carol's horse with her short arms wrapped around her torso. Daryl, Carol, and Aaron were meeting with a few of the others to search for Alpha's horde.

Her father was reluctant on letting her come at first but agreed knowing she was exactly like her mother. He did, however, make a couple of rules.

When they stopped, Cassie slid off the horse as Connie, Jerry, Kelly, and Magna came out of the woods. The four of them walked towards the trio with Daryl greeting them. While Aaron and Kelly, and Carol and Jerry hugged, Cassie barreled into Connie, wrapping her arms tightly around the woman.

Connie smiled, tapping the little girl's back three times in greeting, which Cassie returned. The eight-year-old pulled away, before giving Kelly a quick hug, fist bumping Jerry and giving Magna a small smile.

"Let's go to it. Screw these freaks." Magna said as they started walking. Cassie walked between her father and Connie as they talked.

"Thanks for helping." Her father signed.

Connie waved him off. "Anything for us."