039

ABSOLUTE BANANAS-039

"I killed Karen and David. I had to stop the illness from breaking out. I had to stop other people from dying. It wasn't Lizzie. It wasn't a stranger. Tyreese, It was me." Carol told Tyreese, quitely.

Matilda was sleeping on the couch with her sister on her chest and her hand clutching her son's hand, who was laying on the ground with his shoulder wrapped.

"You do what you have to do." Carol said, crying. She looked down at the gun that sat in front of Tyreese.

"Did she know what was happening? Was she scared?" Tyreese asked, gripping the table. "It was quick?"

"Yes." Carol repiled.

Tyreese placed his hand over the gun, gripping it. His body shook as Carol looked down at her lap.

"Do what you have to do." She said.

Tyreese waited for a moment, he glanced at Tilly, Judy, and Max before letting go of the gun. He looked back at Carol. "I forgive you. I'm never gonna forget. It happened. You did it. You feel it. I know you do. It's part of you now. Me, too. But I forgive you."

"Thank you." Carol said as tears ran down her face. 

"We don't nee to stay. We can't stay." Tyreese said, glancing at Matilda.

In the morning, Carol, Tyreese, Matilda, and Max walked from the house without looking back.

***

"I'm well aware it sounds bananas." Eugene said as they walked down the tracks.
"Yeah, because you're bananas." Violet muttered under her breath as she jogged to catch up with Glenn.

"But looking at the fossil record, knowing what I know about this infection, you connot say for certain it isn't what killed off the dinosaures. Now, do I believe that's what happened? No. But it enjoyable as hell to think about an undead ankylosaur going after a diplodocus. That there is a video game worth a preorder." Eugene said, monotoned.

They had rested for the night before heading off again in the morning. Violet made sure to stay away from Eugene, who was talking with Tara.

"Been rubbing me wrong, is all. I'm an even-steven type gentleman. You help me find the supplies, we'll share the battery and whatever juice we scare up, minimal as it may be. Deal?" Eugene said to Tara.

Something caught Tara, which made her walk away from the man. Violet also saw it and followed after the woman.

"Go to Terminus. Maggie, Sasha, Bob, Lola, and Lee." Violet read.