151

THE WORLD WE MADE-151

At Alexandria, Max immediately asked the Warden if he could see his girlfriend and baby, which took a bit of persuading and talking most of Ally's hours, but the man let him go. Max quickly went to the infirmary where he saw Alice laying on a bed alone in her own room.

He immediately went over, sitting down on the chair and took her pale hand in his. She was sleeping, her face was paler than usually with tear tracks covering them. Max caressed the back of her hand before leaning down and kissed it as he waited for her to wake.

And when she did, her once sparking blue eyes were now a dull blue as they pierced into his emerald ones. He slipped off the chair and sat on his knees in front of her, resting his free hand on her cheek.

"How are you?" He whispered, pushing a bit of her hair out of her face. Alice said something that he couldn't quite hear. "What did you say, Al?"

"Where's my baby?" She said, louder this time. "Where's our baby, Maxie?"

Max frowned, his face filled with confusion and worry. "Alice, what do you mean?"

Alice's eyes filled with tears. "They took her. Where is she? I want my baby."

"I-I don't know where she is. But I'll find her, Ally. I love you." He kissed her forehead before he walked out of the infirmary and into the Warden's office. "Where's my kid?"

The Warden looked up from where he was talking with Negan. "Safe. Now get out,"

Anger flood Max making him storm over to the man, grabbed a handful of his shirt and pull him up out of his chair. He shoved the Warden so hard against the wall that it made a dent where the man's head was.

"Where is my daughter?! Where is she?!" Max shouted as chaos erupted behind him. "Where did you take her?! Tell me, you fucking bastard!"

He was grabbed him behind by Negan making him let go of the Warden. Negan never seen the boy this angry, but if it was his child he would be this angry too. Max shoved himself out of Negan's hold before he tried attacked the Warden again, screaming 'where was his daughter?'.

Max was hit in the back of the head by a trooper cussing him to fall limp in Negan's arms, who caught him as he fall. When he startled awake by troopers storming into the windmill where him and his people slept, and grabbed ahold of him and his people. Everyone was herded out of the windmill and into the field where the Warden stood.

Max noticed Ally who was standing on the other side of group, looking absolutely devastated and disheveled. Two troopers stood behind her, probably the ones that forced her out of the infirmary.