145

THE START OF A RESOLUTION, part two-145

Hornsby split the trooper into two group to continue the search, luckily Max, and the rest of them including Sally and Hudson were in the same group. Currently, they were searching a house with several of the troopers before they meet in one of the rooms.

"They're not splitting up," Aaron signed as they stood in the dining room.

"They will." Daryl replied.

"This might be our best shot." The man with the metal arm continues.

"No, it's way too risky." Gabe pipped, glancing at everyone before looking at Aaron. "We need to just get through this and get back home."

Aaron looked at him, incredulously. "There is no 'getting through this' alright? We are in the shit till we find how to fight our way out."

Max waved getting their attention on him. "We have to keep north so that we can stay away from our group. Then find a moment and take it."

A trooper came up behind, shining his flashlight in their faces. "Hey, what's with the hands chit-chat?"

"Man, we need a break." Daryl answered, passing the trooper.

"And we'll keep doing this for a while, if that's what it takes." The trooper replied, following the redneck as the rest of Daryl's group came out of the dining room.

"Have you checked Charleston, yet?" Violet questioned from behind them.

Neither of the troopers gave her a glance. "Why? What's in Charleston?"

"There's a rumor up on the rooftops they trade for weapons and shit. Could be something, or not." She explained before a loud bang echoed through the house.

"Move!" Someone shouted.

One of the doors burst open with two walkers flooded out. One of the troopers grabbed one of the creatures, throwing it against the wall and his hand went right through it's stomach. Daryl took out the other one as they all watched the trooper wrestle with his Walker. The trooper then pulled out his arm, shoving the Walker to the floor and hit it over the head with his gun over and over again.

The trooper's radio flicker to life with Hornsby's voice coming through. "Romano, what's your 20?"

Romano pulled off his helmet before reporting back to his commander. "Thirteen mile past the last outpost. One more to go."