O91

THEY'RE ONE US-091

THEY'RE ONE US-091

TWO DAYS LATER

Today was the day the people of Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom end Negan for once and for all. The days leading up to this moment were filled with planning and collecting supplies, Matilda helped as much as she could while also spending hours with her sister.

The one thing she didn't do was read her letter from Carl. It's been sitting in a drawer in the nursery since he died. She couldn't get herself to read it, she might not ever read it.

Currently, she was standing next to her husband as he pointed to the map they had gotten from Gregory who she assumed got it from Dwight.

"Alright, we'll stick to this road, keep to the trees, we'll get there quicker." He explained. "Plus, we can keep an eye on the road that way."

"Yeah, if they're planning anything, we'll see it." Rosita added.

"You think you can trust Gregory? What he told us?" Michonne asked, squinting her eyes from the sun.

"I locked him up inside the house." Maggie replied. "He knew I wouldn't let him walk around free. He knew he was coming back to that. He doesn't believe in anything except himself, and he'd have to believe in the Saviors a whole lot to send us into a trap and think it would work out for him."

"Unless Dwight didn't tell him." Daryl says. "That asshole could be setting us up."

Matilda's father picked up the map, nodding towards Maggie, which she returned and placed it in his pocket. Tilly watched as Carol looked towards Morgan, who was frantically looking around.

Her brows furrowed as the gate opened, the Alden and his group walked though the gate making Morgan storm towards them raising his stick. Henry came out of nowhere, hitting his stick before his feet was swept out from under him.

Matilda gained the king's and her father's attention, pointing towards Morgan, whom was aiming his stick at the young boy before Carol stepped in. The three, plus Jerry walked towards the situation as Morgan spoke.

"They were, uh, they were gone—him. They were coming in."

"I asked Maggie if we could clear the walkers from the wall. We...drew them away so we wouldn't have to worry about 'em when we rolled out." Alden explained, looked at the dark skinned man whom mind wasn't stable.

Maggie nodded, confirming what the man said. "He did."

A moment of silence fall around them before Rick pulled out the map and walked towards Morgan.
"Let's keep gettin' ready, everyone. First team's going in twenty."

Matilda pointed towards Alden, glancing between her father and Maggie. "Alden said when we roll out. They're coming, right?"

"Him and his people aren't coming." Maggie shook her head before looking at the blonde man. "You can be here. But you're not us."

"But Maggie, if they come, it means more hands, more help to defeat the Saviors." Matilda said, following after the heavily pregnant woman.

"No. They're not coming. They're not us, Tilly." The woman dismissed her.

"I understand that, but they said they're not with them anymore. They're not Negan. Rosie told me that Alden and his group has expressed, multiple times, that they want nothing to do with the Saviors, that they want to help us."

Maggie stopped and faced the other woman. "They're not us, Matilda, and they're not coming. End of discussion."

Matilda sighed in frustration. "You're not listening to me. The other night after the Saviors attacked us, Alden and his small group of people decided to stay and help us, while the other half ran off. They didn't have to, they coulda ran like the others, but they stayed. What I'm trying to say is, after that night and countless of other times Rosie told me about, Alden and that half of people are one of us. If they're willing to risk their lives in the dead of night to help us save the remainder of our people and continuously try and help us, they're one us."

Maggie seemed to stare at her for a good solid minute before shaking her head. "No. They're not us and they're not coming."

With that the short haired woman walked back towards the house, Matilda watched her leave before turning around and saw Alden and his group standing behind her. She assumed they were watching.

Alden reached out, placing his hand on the woman's shoulder with a smile of gratitude. "Thanks for defending us, Matilda."

"Yeah, no problem." She nodded as he squeezed her shoulder and let his hand drop. The group gave her smiles in appreciation as they past her. "I meant what I said, Alden. As soon as I hate the Saviors, I, personally, think you've prove yourselves that you aren't them anymore."

Alden smiled at her. "I know and we appreciate that coming from you."

Matilda watched them leave before heading back towards her father and the group. She took one of the machine rifle from Kelly, wrapped it around her shoulders before they followed the group out of the gate.

"I agree with you about Alden and his group." Kelly murmured as they walked side by side. "They're willing to help us, defend our people, they're one of us weather Maggie likes it or not."

Matilda only smiled at her best friend, reaching for her hand and squeezed it. When they got to their destination, the group crouched down, a group of Saviors were on the road. Carol looked though the binoculars as she gave a signal.

They shot at the people making the drop dead before they hurried out of their spot. Matilda and Kelly stabbed the people in the head so they wouldn't turn and watched Morgan stab his stick though one of the men's chest and slit his throat.

He snapped his head up towards the woods with an horrified expression on his face. Matilda frowned as she made eye contact with Jesus, who placed his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Morgan? Are you with us?" He asked.

Morgan flinched away, staring at the long haired man before walking away. Jesus and Tilly exchanged a look as the King spoke.

"Good people, found something on our quarry."

Matilda headed over the king, watching as he opened two pieces of paper and Michonne asked. "What is it?"

"A list and another map. And what appear to be other facts." The King replied, handing the map to Rick.

"They're lining up Saviors on the Old Mill Road. That's where Negan will be." Her father said.

"We have to get to Negan before they figure out what happens here." Carol added.

"Maggie." Rick spoke into the walkie talkie.

"I'm here." Maggie's voice replied.

"It's time. It was a trap. So we're changing the plan."