111

JOURNEY TO AN UNKNOWN PLACE -111

Disclaimer! The CRM Territory is where it gets tricky, but I did as much research on them as I could do. Now on that note, this is going to be MY interpretation of the CRM—and how I want them to be involved in MY story and how it's going to end.

If you don't like it, don't read. Simple. But you committed to 111 chapters, a little change will not hurt you.

Max and Cassie walked a few steps behind Alice, they had been walking for miles for a day since they had to sneak out of the Kindom. It was utterly silent, the redhead girl didn't speak a word as she looked at a map that she's been carrying.

"Maxie, can we stop and rest for a few minutes?" Cassidy asked, grabbing onto her brother's hand. "We've been walking for a while."

Max looked at the girl in front of him. "Hey, Alice? Let's stop and rest. Make a camp for the night."

Alice shook her head. "No. We have to keep going. We need to get there as soon as possible."

"We don't even know 'where' is," Max argued, as he came to a stop. "We've been walking for ages, in silence. It's getting dark. We should set up camp for the night and start back up tomorrow."

Alice didn't say anything for a moment before sighing and dropping her bag on the ground. "Fine. But we head off early. We can't waste any time. I'll get the woods."

Max watched as the girl disappeared into the woods before he started working on a fire. It was getting colder as winter was right around the corner and it had started flurrying. Cassie brought over small sticks putting them in a pile as her brother made a small fire.

When it became dark, the three of them sat around a fire eating a rabbit Max had caught. Alice sat on the opposite side of them, writing on the map they had yet to see.

Max gave the rest of his food to his sister before leaning his elbows on his knees. His eyes locked on the redhead in front of him.

"Where exactly are we going?" He asked.

Alice glanced up, her icy blue eyes locked with Max's. "Philadelphia. Takes about four days to get there and back by foot. Eight days in total without stopping. We should be in and out of Washington and in  Maryland by tomorrow."

By mid-day on day two, the trio was nearing the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC when the gunfire started at them. Alice, Max, and Cassie hurried up the stairs with the boy shielding his sister and hid behind the large statue of Abraham Lincoln.