072

SERVICE, part one-072

A|n: I just want say that everyone reacts to grief differently and if you think the way Matilda deals with her grief is cringy, deal with it.

Also I changed that Kelly didn't go with Maggie and Sasha bc I forgot she had a big role with this chapter.

Matilda emotionless climbed out of the RV when it pulled into the gates of Alexandria. Gabriel and Max stared at the sight of the RV, which was covered in blood.

"Matilda,what happened? Are you alright?" Gabriel asked, concerned. Matilda avoided her and everyone as she walked towards the house.

In the bathroom of her and Daryl's room, Matilda stood in the middle of the bathroom, staring at her reflection in the large bathroom mirror.

Overwhelming agony flooded her,  hard, as she let out a scream of rage. She flings everything off the bathroom counter and it flies clattering against the wall. She hurls the hand mirror Michonne gave to her at the bathroom mirror making it shatter.

Glass scatters around the counter as she collapsed on the floor. Sobbing loudly, she hugged her knees to her chest. Sobbing for Glenn, for Abraham, and for her husband.

She paid no attention to the knock on the door and the sound of her father and brothers voices. The door opened and a pair of arms wrapped around her, the familiar scent of her son filled her nose.

The warm arms left her as she was picked by her father. Rick lied her on the bed, kneeling next to it as Max climbed into the bed and layed next to his mother with his arms wrapped around her.

Matilda's sobs became quiet and steady breaths were heard. She had fallen asleep, her head rested against her son's chest as her father brushed some hair from her face and kissed her head.

"You're gonna be okay. All of us are." Rick whispered, his free hand rested on her stomach. His grandchild.

***

THREE DAYS LATER

Kelly stood next to Rosita watching as the trucks pulled up outside. A man's silhouette suddenly cast over the canvas of the gate as he whistled cheerfully.

She shivered at the sight of the baseball bat that had killed two of her family. The one that killed the man who was her and Tilly best friend and one who she had grow close too. Kelly straightens her body and glared harshly at the shadow.