004

SECRETS-004

SECRETS-004

The next morning, Matilda was a hunt to find Glenn, his hat was clutched in her hand waiting to be with its owner.

Making her way towards the barn, she got a slight of her friend's blue shirt standing beside the wooden barn. She jogged a little but as she got closer, she could hear moans and groans of walkers coming from the barn.

Lying a hand on his shoulder—which scared the hell out of him, Glenn whipped around, facing his friend with a panicked expression.

"Shit, Tilly!" He shrieks, laying a hand on his chest. "You gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, wanted to give your hat back." Matilda eyed the barn with a curious look. "You know, I can hear them."

"What?"

"The walkers, I can hear them."

Her friend's eyes widen, his mouth falling ajar. "Y-You can't tell anymore. Maggie would kill me if she finds out if I told you."

"But you didn't," The dark haired woman pointed out.

Glenn sighed, running a hand though his hair. "I know, but she will think that I did.

"Then, I'll will keep my mouth shut. For only you."

Maggie suddenly appeared behind the pair making the duo jump in fright.

"Could you be more obvious?" Maggie handed Glenn a basket of peaches. "Here, enjoy."

"Are you trying to buy our silence with fruit?" Glenn asks in disbelief.

The shortest haired woman shook her head as she pulled out jerky. "Of course not. There's also jerky."

"Will you please tell us why your dad has a secret barn full of walkers?" Matilda said as she grabbed four peaches out of the basket. "It's creepy."

"Shh!"

"You know that, right?"

"Shh," Maggie shushing the dark haired woman. "Just trust me on this, okay?"

Matilda looked highflying unsure as Glenn reveals. "But I suck at lying. I can't even play poker. It's too much like lying."

"You have to keep this yourselves. You have too. Please." Giving the duo one last look, Maggie walked away, leaving a distressed Man and a calm Matilda behind.