007

BIRD SET FREE-007

BIRD SET FREE-007

Matilda headed towards the camp, wrapping her arm around an incoming Violet, who latched herself on to the older girl's side.

"So what you gonna do?" Her mother asked her father. "We'd all feel better if we know the plan."

Andrea moved closer to her father, her hands stuffed into her pockets. "Is there a plan?"

"We gonna keep him here?" Kelly added, standing next to Lee.

Rick let out a breath. "We'll know soon enough."

"Boy there's got a gang, thirty men." Daryl announced as he joined the group. His eyes scanned Matilda before turning back on her father. "They have heavy artillery and they aren't looking to make friends. They roll through here our boys are dead. And our women, they gonna—they're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asked, glancing between Matilda and Daryl.

"Had a little chat." Daryl answered, moving towards the dark haired girl.

"No one goes near this guy." Her father concluded.

Lori stepped in from of her husband, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Rick, what are you gonna do?"

"We have no choice. He's a threat." Rick said, making Dale's eyes widen. "We have to eliminate that threat."

"You're just gonna kill him?" Dale said in disbelief.

Rick ignored the older man. "It's settled. I'll do it today."

***

Matilda was sitting on the ground, her back against a tree with Violet sitting in between her legs. Her hand run though the little girl's raven locks as footsteps approached them.

"Tilly." Dale called out to her. "You can't let this happen."

"Dale." Matilda sighed, looking up at the older man. "You know I can't do anything."

Dale took off his sun hat and rubbed his head. "But we have to try. We are losing ourselves. Maybe you can get your father to reconsider."

Matilda gently pushed Violet up to her feet before standing up on her own. "I wish I could. But he's mind is made up. Most of group minds are made up. The only thing you can do is convince everyone, other than that I can't help you. I'm sorry."