047

IN THE STARS-047

IN THE STARS-047

Matilda walked behind her husband, her father, and cops. The others lagged behind as Shepard and Licari lead them to where Beth and Carol were.

She stayed closer to her father and husband as Noah walked next to her as they walked through the hallways hospital. They approached a door were a group of people stood behind.

"Holster your weapons," Dawn said through the radio. Everyone does what they told, as the doors finally open.

They stepped through as Dawn motioned Beth and Carol in front of them. Matilda smiled at Beth, who returned it. She missed the young blonde.

"They haven't been harmed." Rick spoke.

Dawn looked around for Lamson. "Where's Lamson?"

"Rotters got him." Shepard swallowed, hoping her leader believed her.

"We saw it go down," Licari added quickly.

"Oh." Dawn nods as she acts like she cares. "I'm sorry to hear that. He was one of the good guys. One of yours for one of mine."

Rick nodded and motioned Daryl to let go of Licari. The man walked towards his leader, Dawn allowed Carol to come towards her group. Daryl grabbed the wheelcar out of the hands of the cop.

Rick grabs Shepard's arm and walks towards Dawn, who done the same to Beth. Matilda sent a smile at Carol, who was next to her, the older woman returned the smile.

Matilda looked out her husband's shoulders as her father puts his hand on Beth's neck, kissing her on the head and pushes her into Daryl's hold.

She checks the young girl over the young girl before hugging Beth. Daryl stood behind the two as they watched Rick talk with Dawn.

"Glad we could work things out," Dawn spoke.

"Yeah." Rick said before he turns back to the group and walks away. They were almost at the door when Dawn spoke again.

"Now I just need Noah." Dawn declared making everyone to freeze. "And then you can leave."

Matilda snapped her head towards the dark skinned boy, reaching out and placed her hand on his arm.

Rick turned back to her in shock and stalked towards her. "That's wasn't part of the deal."

"Noah was my ward. Beth took his place and I'm losing her, so I need him back."

"Ma'am, please, it's not—"Shepard says, before getting cut off.

"Shepherd!" Dawn sternly replied. "My offices put their lives on the line to find him. One of them died."

Noah went to step towards the woman but Matilda still hasn't let go of his arm.

"No, he's staying," She said, getting in front of him.

Dawn's gaze turned to her. "He's one of mine. You have no claim on him."

"The boy wants to go home, so you have no claim on him." Rick retorts.

Dawn shook her head. "Well, then we don't have a deal."

"The deal is done." Matilda spat angrily. Noah rips away from her and walks forwards.

"It's okay." He says as Tilly follows after him, grabbing onto his arm.

Rick stops him with his hand. "No."

"It's not okay, Noah," Matilda said, holding back the boy. She desperately held onto him. "You don't have to leave."

"It's settled," Dawn spoke, ignoring Matilda. She nods in approval that Noah listened to her.

Beth runs into Noah's arms as she hugs him tight before pulls away and stands in front of Dawn.

"I knew you would be back," Dawn said, after seeing the hug between Beth and him.

Matilda let go of the boy, watching as Noah walks back to his formal group. She stood next Beth who spoke to Dawn.

"I get it now."

All of the sudden, Beth swangs her arm towards Dawn, stabbing her in the chest. Matilda froze as Dawn fired her gun.

Everyone watched as Beth's head whips back, blood spattering crossed Matilda's face as she reached out catching the blonde's body. Daryl took at his gun and shot Dawn in rage

Dawn's body fell beside Matilda as she was still staring at the body of Beth in her arms. Her mouth hanged open as the other cops pointed their guns at her group.

"No! Hold your fire!" Shepard held out her arms. "It's over. It was just about her. Stand down."

"I—oh god." Matilda muttered, her hand shook, cupping Beth's cheek. Her arms and hands were covered with the girl's blood.

A body crouching in front made the dark haired woman look towards it. Her husband was reaching out for the young girl's body, taking her out of his wife's arms.

Matilda was helped up by her father, his arms wrapped around shoulder as her body shook. The group headed towards the exit with the father and daughter leading the way.

Once they were outside, Rick and Matilda were the first to walk out as the sound of a truck approaching. The rest of the group walked towards them, only to stop when they saw the father and daughter's faces.

Maggie's smile fell as Daryl become from behind them with Beth's body in his arms. She drops her gun and falls to the ground.

"No!" She screamed, sobbing. "Beth!"

Daryl walks closer to the group, his eyes filled with tears as he saw Maggie's reaction. Glenn took dropped to his knee next to his wife, holding her in his arms.

Violet had her hand over mouth before wrapping her arms around Lee, burying her face in his chest.

The group's heart clench as Maggie's cries filled the air.