071

DEVIL DOESN'T BARGAIN, part two-071

The air and silence were suffocating, nothing was heard. Matilda couldn't get the sight of Glenn and Abraham flashed in her head, the pieces of brain that was hung off of the bastard's bat.

Nobody knows how long they sat there until the night turned into day and the sound of a vehicle appeared. It stopped before Rick was thrown out landing on the dirt.

Negan came out, grabbing Rick by his jacket and dragged him in the middle. "Here we are. Let ask you something, Rick—do you know know what that little trip was about?"

Matilda looked up, her bloodshot eyes locked on her father's trembling form. Rick stayed silent and looked over at everyone, before his eyes focusing on his children.

"Speak when you're spoken to," Negan ordered.

"Okay. Okay." Rick breathed, staring at his children before looking up at Negan.

"That trip was about the way you looked at me," Negan explained. "I wanted to change that. I wanted you to understand. But you're still looking at the same damn way...like I shit in your scrambled eggs, and that's not gonna work. So...do I give you another chance?"

Rick trembles as Negan stared at him. Matilda stiffen as she watched in fear of her father as the devil held Lucille next to her father's face.

"Yes." Rick stuttered.

Negan patted him on the back and stood up, chuckling. " Okay. All right. And here it is—the grand-prize game. What you do next will decide whether your crap day becomes everyone's last crap day or just another crap day. Get some guns to the back of their heads."

Matilda was pulled up by her hair, let out a quite yelp as a barrow of a gun was against her head. The gun cocks as her gaze focused on her husband.

His attention was already on her as she trembles. She could see the guilt in her husband's eyes as they focused on each other. She doesn't blame him for this, she could never.

"Good. Now, level with their noses, so if you have to fire...it'll be a real mess." Negan focused on Matilda.

"The mama." He called, pointing to the spot next to his other leg. "Here right."

Matilda rose and walked over to Negan and kneeled next to his leg as he petted her hair. He looked over at her brothers. "Kids. ."

Neither of them moved.

"Kids. . . now."

Lee stood up first which made Carl stand. The brothers  moved towards Negan, who smiled. "Ah, there you go, Now, kid 1, why don't you sit there and kid 2, you sit right in front of me."