093

TWO HEARTS IN ONE HOME-093

FIVE MONTH LATER

Five months past since the war with Negan had ended and the new lives of Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom had started. Alexandria was being rebuilt with the help of a lot of people, houses and the church were in the process of being fixed and repaired.

The Grimes sisters, their father, Michonne, and Max had moved into one of the large houses at the opposite side of the safe-zone. Daryl was staying at the sanctuary, helping the remaining Saviors get on their feet.

Matilda and Max had gone between living in Alexandria and the Sanctuary, traveling back and fourth until she couldn't anymore.

Once she hit eight months (34 weeks) in her pregnancy, it was extremely difficult doing back and fourth between the two places. Her body was exhausted, the baby was sitting on her bladder, which made her pee constantly, and they were kicking up a storm.

She had spoken to Daryl over the walkie talkie that she wasn't coming to the Sanctuary anymore and that she was going to stay in Alexandria for the rest of the pregnancy, which he had agreed to.

Kelly had came back to Alexandria with Aaron so they could raise Gracie together, the same goes with Violet,  Rosie, and Edith.

Currently, Matilda was now nine months (39 weeks) pregnant—due any day—, she was laying in bed feeling extremely reckless. It was too uncomfortable to sleep, and she felt as though as she could ran a marathon.

Getting out of bed—with great difficulty, she put of her clothes and boots, grabbed her weapons and slipped in a coat. Tilly placed her gun in her waistline, stepping out her room, heading towards the stairs—not trying to wake up her family, but she wasn't lucky as a squeak over a door opened.

Matilda looked towards the sound and saw her baby sister, peeking her head out of her door. The woman waved Judith over, picking her up and headed downstairs.

She got her sister in her winter cloths before the two Grimes girls headed out the door. The cold air of January hit their in the face as Tilly closed the door behind her, walking down the steps and headed down the street.

As they walked, Matilda held her sister's hand, swinging it back and fourth as their boots crunched the snow. The pair got to the pavilion, their brother use to sit on, sitting on the new seats.

Michonne and their father had rebuilt the pavilion, dedicating it to their sons and named it. Carl and Lee's pavilion. It was were Matilda and Judith spent a lot of their days together, painting with each other or just watching as everyone rebuilt their home.