022

LOST AND FOUND-022

LOST AND FOUND-022

"Drive em' up. We'll meet up with you." Rick said as he got out of the car and hugged his sons. "Thank god,"

"Where's Tilly?!" Carl shouted, looking around for his sister.

"We couldn't find her. They took her somewhere else." Rick answered.

Lee looked frantic. "You left her there?! Did you even try to find her?! What if she's—"

Rick kneeled down in front of his son, holding onto his shoulders. "Lee, Carl, we're gonna find her. She's okay. We're gonna find her, don't worry."

"Where's Daryl?" Carol asked.

"He's alright. He's alive. We ran into his brother. They went off." Rick explained, looking at the woman.

"So, he just up and left? Daryl left?" Carol asked, looking back at Rick. The woman was beside herself. "Gone?"

She stumbled back and stepped towards the gate the lead in the courtyard. Rick placed a hand on her back and they walked through the gate.

"And Oscar?" Carl asked, looking at his father.

"No, he didn't make it," His father said.

***

Stabbing her knife into a Walker's skull, Matilda kicked the creature into its chest before grabbing the boy's hand. The boy was next her, practically attached to her hip as they hurried through the woods.

She knew getting back to the prison wasn't going to easy, seeing how she didn't know where it was located. She was just wondering around in the woods until something indicated that they were close.

After a hour or two of straight walking, Matilda decided to make a small fire and let the boy rest. The boy was laying curled up on the ground next to her, his emerald green eyes sparkling as the fire illuminated off of them.

"What's your name?" Matilda spoke, glanced at the boy. "I'm Matilda, but you can call me Tilly."

The boy sat up and signed. "Max,"

"How did you learn to do this?" She motioned towards her wrapped wounds.

"My mom was a doctor, before all of this. She used to teach me a few things." Max signed, looking somber.

Matilda nodded, taking his hand. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to her?"

Max felt tears welling up in his eyes. "She's died when I was seven. From cancer."