073

GUNS A BLAZE AND SERVICE, part two-073

"Look at this!" Negan laughed after Rick went to find Michonne.

"I thought she was scavenging. She was hunting. This one never came inside. We kept it near the line." Rick handed over a rifle.

Negan smiled. "Look at this. This is something to build a relationship on. Good for you, Rick. This is readin' the room and getting the message. I've said it before, I'm gonna say it again. You, sir...are special."

"Now that you know we can follow your rules..." Rick started.

"Yes?" Negan said unctuously.

"I'd like to ask you if Daryl can stay."

"Not happenin'. You know what? I don't know. Maybe Daryl can plead his case. Maybe Daryl can sway me."

Matilda looked at her husband with a twinkle of hope. She wanted him back. She hated how he was submitted by fear.

"Daryl?" Negan asked, looking at the beaten man. Daryl stayed quiet, staring at the ground. " "Well, you tried. Now what you got to do is get over that tall wall of yours and try harder out there. Shit! Even sweetheart could do better than you, she popped out two of your demons. You, Rick, Earn for me. Because we're coming back soon, and when we do, you better have something interesting for us, or Lucille, she's gonna have her way."

"Arat, grab that deer. It's gettin' late." Michonne drops the deer and walks away angrily and Negan laughed, smiling. "Man, I love a gal that buys me dinner and doesn't expect me to put out."

"I take that," Dwight said, taking Daryl's bike from Spencer. Spencer back away as Dwight spotted Rosita and Kelly. "Rosita! Got a little thank-you. That's all you're getting back. Took all your guns, most of your beds. I hope you find a place to lay your petty little head. Did you find anything else out there?"

Rosita shook her head. "Just your dead friends."

She placed the hat on her head and turned away. Dwight got on the bike, revving the engine and drove up towards Daryl. "You can have it back. Just say the word."

The blonde leans forwards slightly, waiting for Daryl to speak but the redneck stays quiet as Dwight drives off.

"So, nobody died. And you know what I think? I think you and I, we've refined our understanding. Let me ask you something, Rick. Do you want me to go?"

Rick hesitated for a moment, before nodding. "I think that'd be good."

"Then just say those two magical words."