147

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN-147

A FEW HOURS BEFORE NEGAN WENT TO COMMONWEALTH

Max and Daryl cleared out a room in a building, before Maggie came in after clearing her own. They went over to the windows when they heard gunshots and saw Hornsby and his troops.

"How many you think they got?" Maggie asked, stepping away from the window.

"Don't matter. Gonna take them out one by one." Daryl replied before a door opened.

The trio hid, their knifes at the ready and went to attack whoever came in. Max let out a breath when he saw it was only Gabe, Aaron, Violet, Sally, and Hudson.

"Look who we found." Gabe says as Negan and his wife, Annie came in.

Maggie's face turned panicked. "Where's Hershel?"

"He's with Elijah and the others. He's hidden and safe." Annie reassured the mother.

Negan nodded. "He's good, Maggie. We're here to take out shithead and the dickless brigade."

"Well, like I've been saying. We should go back to Commonwealth first. Get our people out and then deal with Hornsby together." Gabe still wanting to his plan.

Aaron shook his head. "No, Gabe, he probably already radioed back. You know that. Look, he knows us. We're never getting through checkpoints."

"If he had his people go after our families in the meantime?" Gabe tried to reason with the man.

"Carol's there. So is Rosita, Jerry, Ally, Ezekiel. We have hope they can handle it."

"Hope is running low." Gabe snapped. "And the longer we're here having dabates, the more our families are at risk."

"Our people are out there, too." Maggie added in. "We need to find Hornsby and kill him before he gets to anybody."

Max looked at his dad when Daryl spoke up. "Wait, wait, hold up. We can do all of this. They're never seen your face before." He pointed at Negan.

"Right, are you saying I just walk right on in there?" Negan furrowed his brows.

Daryl nodded. "Yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Me too." Annie volunteered.

Negan immediately shook his head, looking down at his wife. "No, Annie, not you too. Only one of us needs to go into the belly of beast." His wife started to shake her head. "Hey. I need you to be safe. Beside, I am fucked either way. Hey, not gonna get rid of me that easy, right? Alright, so what's the play?"