217

Chapter 217 Approaching You on Purpose

Steven got out from under the sofa, dejected. Unable to hold back Ziana’s inquisition, he could only tell the truth.

“I’m worried that you haven’t eaten, so I came here to bring you food.”

Ziana took a look at the slanting hair on his head, “Bring the food under the sofa?”

Steven coughed lightly in embarrassment, “I was originally sitting on the sofa, but then… fell asleep.”

He turned to Edison, who was on the phone, and suddenly came up with something. He lowered his voice and complained to Ziana, “Mr. Andrew must have kicked me off.”

Ziana glared at him, “He’s not that boring.

Steven stiffened his neck and said stubbornly, “Then you mean I rolled down by myself?”

“That’s about it,” said Ziana.

Hearing this, Steven had a speechless look on his handsome face. He stared at her for a while, then all of a sudden, he sighed repeatedly and said earnestly, “Ziana, the more handsome a man is, the more probably he will deceive you. Don’t be fooled by him. Actually he’s not that good.”

“Oh,” When Edison came back from the phone call, he heard these words, and then sneered, “Mr. Howard, How old are you? Why are you speaking ill of others behind their back?”

Coward as he was in front of Ziana, Steven wasn’t scared of Edison at all, “Who cares to speak ill of you? You know what you are up to approaching Ziana!”

“Seems you know what I’m up to?” Edison said generously, “Then spit it out.”

“Fine!” Steven said confidently, “Ziana, he is an unfavored prince of the Western royal family. He approaches you and pursues you just to improve his status in the Western royal family! He is not that into you actually! Don’t be fooled by him!”

Ziana frowned, her attitude kind though, “I see. Anything else, Mr. Howard?”

“Huh?” Steven was a little surprised by her reaction, “L… nop.”

“Then, you should probably go,” Ziana asked him leave, “I still have something to talk to him about.”

Although he actually didn’t want to leave, seeing her calm and oppressive eyes, Steven had to leave obediently.

As he left, he reminded, “I brought you food… Remember to eat it!”

After he left, Edison looked at Ziana with a faint smile.

Ziana asked in wonder, “What are you looking at?”

Edison raised his chin a little bit, “Do you believe what he said?”

“Is that true?” Ziana asked without answering, “You approached me to take advantage of me?”

At this moment, her dark and deep eyes looked so sincere and powerful.

Edison suddenly smiled, “Do you believe everything I say?”

“Just say it,” Ziana moved her lips slightly.

Edison paused for a second, and told her the truth, “Actually, yes.”

He looked straight at her, “My purpose is to take care of you for the rest of my life.”

Ziana stared at him for a moment and then looked away, “Let’s talk about the plan for tonight.”

She directly ignored his love confession, and didn’t say whether she believed him or not. She just changed the subject.

Looking at her profile, Edison couldn’t figure out what was going on in her heart for a moment.

She was not that expressive. With so many suitors and having been courted in so many ways, it seems difficult to impress her. Or maybe she was actually considering who was that good catch for her.

It took Ziana ten minutes to finish talking about the plan for that night. After dinner, the two of them decided to start.