339

Chapter 339 Let Go of Winifred

“Then what are you?” Ziana asked.

Seeing that Ziana was willing to listen, Edison quickly explained, “Her name is Winifred Bourne, the daughter of Duke

Bourne of Wesbruck, who is in charge of the navy and air force of Wesbruck. As Duke Bourne and my mother are very close, he always supported my mother and me all these years. Therefore, Winifred and I spend quite plenty of time together.”

“Childhood sweetheart?”

Edison sighed. “More or less.”

Ziana pondered, raised her eyebrows, and continued to ask, “Are the two of you engaged?”

“We…” Edison smiled helplessly, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know how to tell you about this, my mother and her father have been talking about the engagement, but I told them from the beginning that I don’t like Winifred and I won’t be engaged to her. They ignored me completely and insisted on it!”

“So there is indeed such a thing.” Ziana had already come to a conclusion and frowned at Edison. “Whether you agreed or not, both parents have acquiesced in the matter of your engagement, and they are also preparing for it.”

“I won’t go to the engagement banquet!” Edison expressed his stand. “Ziana, I didn’t mean to hide her existence, but

I have nothing to do with her.”

“Whether or not you have something to do with her is not up to you.” Ziana interrupted him and said, “She keeps pestering you endlessly, and you call that having nothing to do with her? I don’t know her, today’s the first time I met

her, yet she wants to kill me. Why?”

Edison was speechless. “I…”

“It’s all because of you.” Ziana said it for Edison. “Whether you admit it or not, she has something to do with you, and because of you, she almost hurt me. If not because I can fight, if that Rolls Royce had not suddenly rushed in, would I even be standing here right now?”

“Sorry.” Edison said guiltily, “It’s my fault, but fortunately you were not hurt.”

Ziana had no patience to listen anymore.

“Is there nothing else you can tell me other than apologizing?” Ziana said coldly, “I think what you should do most

now is not to apologize, but to deal with this matter. It’s your relatives and friends, If you can’t handle them, I think you should forget about things between us. I don’t want to encounter a lot of bad things just because we’re dating. and I don’t want to have to put up with getting insulted by your family and friends because we’re dating.

“I date people to be happy, not to be insulted and suffer.

“If you can’t handle these things, I’ll just replace you.”

After Ziana said that, she put on her sunglasses and walked forward expressionlessly.

A hint of darkness flashed in Edison’s eyes as he quickly said, “Ziana, wait for me!”

He took a deep breath and hurried to catch up. “Are you going to the police station? I’ll go with you and talk to Winifred. Can you give me a ride?”

“No.” Ziana resolutely refused. “I said, you’d better stay away from me until this matter is settled.”

She did not want to be labeled as a mistress again!

Get Bonus

As soon as Ziana said that, Donald stopped in front of her with the car.

Ziana did not even glance at Edison as she quickly got in the car and said, “Drive, to the police station.”

Half an hour later.

Ziana arrived at the police station.

She entered the police station, and the chief of the police station came to meet her.

“Miss Scott!” The chiet stood up immediately and shook hands with her.

Ziana shook his hand and said, “I came here because I almost got hit by a car this morning.”

“I know.” The director looked embarrassed, “I invited you here, Miss Scott, to apologize to you personally.”

“Apologize?” Ziana looked at him and had a guess. “Because of what?”

The chief sighed helplessly. “Ms. Bourne had a clear intention to kill you, and I should have handled it impartially. But

I received a call from above, saying that Ms. Bourne is the daughter of the Duke of Western Royalty. If she is locked up, it will affect the relationship between our two countries, so I had no choice but to let her go.”