318

Chapter 318 Edison Admits Lying

Calvin was standing outside the door, with a big black suitcase at his feet.

After dinner, Boris made a request to Max. He wanted to take away the things in the house that were connected to the

past.

Max’s feelings for Nancy were sincere, so he could naturally understand Boris’ request.

Boris was the only one who remembered their past.

These items that were related to the past were a comfort to Boris. They were evidence that they had once loved each

other.

There was no reason for Max to refuse, and he couldn’t bear to refuse either.

So, Max instructed Calvin to prepare a suitcase for Boris.

Calvin smiled politely, “Mr. Lewis, this is the suitcase Mr. Scott asked me to bring you. Would you like me to help you carry it into the room?”

Boris shook his head and refused. He thanked Calvin and said, “There’s no need to do that, I can carry it myself. Please tell Max that I appreciate his consideration. I just took a rough look, and there are indeed a lot of things. With this suitcase, it will be much more convenient.”

Calvin politely suggested, “If there are too many items, would you like me to have the maid come and help you pack?” “No need,” Boris declined again, shaking his head. “I’ll take my time. You can continue to do your work, Calvin.”

“Okay.” Calvin still said politely, “Mr. Lewis, if you need any help, just tell the maids outside.”

Boris nodded with a smile. He leaned against the door and watched Calvin walk away before returning to his room

with the suitcase.

Boris did not consider taking the larger items in the room, such as the princess-style dressing table, Ziana’s easel, or

the piano.

Instead, Boris filled the large suitcase with smaller items.

With a bittersweet feeling, Boris sorted each item carefully into the suitcase.

The Hello Kitty alarm clock, the Hello Kitty plush toy, the pink camera, the self-made blush, and the pen with Boris name engraved that Ziana had given him.

As Boris packed up each item, he would think of the scenes from back then.

Boris repeatedly experienced their sweetness at that time and then tasted the feeling of pain and loss after that again and again.

Boris liad fallen into a complex emotional state because of Ziana, but Ziana was also in a complicated mood.

But it was not because of Boris.

In Edison’s room, Ziana sat across from Edison with a cup of coffee Edison had made for her.

The two of them had been in this silent state for nearly twenty minutes.

After Ziana entered the room, Edison asked her if she wanted coffee.

After Ziana ordered a cup of Americano, Edison went to make coffee.

While Edison made the coffee, both of them were lost in thought and didn’t say anything

After Edison finished making the coffee, he sat opposite Ziana, still not saying a word.

Zana noticed the dark expression on Edison’s face and knew it was because of what had happened during dinner. Ziana had come to Edison’s room specifically to comfort him, knowing that he was going through a difficult time.

Thinking of this, Ziana coughed softly and whispered, “I’m sorry!”

At the same time, Edison almost simultaneously spoke, “I’m sorry!”

Both of them were stunned.

Ziana looked at Edison. Edison had raised his head and looked straight at her with his cold eyes.

Perhaps due to his sour mood, the red mole that usually decorated the corner of his eye no longer looked charming. Instead, it emphasized the cold detachment of his demeanor.

As a result, even Edison, who was always gentle, seemed inditterent and aloot.

Ziana had gotten used to Edison’s gentle smile, teeling a little dazed.

“I’m sorry, you go first,” Edison spoke up, torcing a slight smile. “What were you going to sav, Ziana?”

“You go first,” Ziana humbly said.

Edison shook his head and said, “Ladies first. You go ahead ”

“Okay,” Ziana gathered her thoughts and looked into Edison’s eyes She took a deep breath and apologized sincerely, “I want to apologize to you. I invited you here today because I wanted you to have a happy night, but I didn’t expect that Boris was still here.”

“He has been in a high position for a long time, and his words have always been mean and straightforward. In the past three years, I have always been irritated by his words. He is arrogant, narcissistic, inditterent, domineering, and stupid. To put it simply, he can’t speak kindly. Don’t bother arguing with him.”

Ziana had a deep resentment towards Boris and his sharp tongue.

When Ziana had been with Boris, she had thought that this man was really straight and cute.

But now Ziana wished she could pull out all his teeth so that Boris could never say anything infuriating again.

“It’s true. I know it very well. Arguing with him will only make you angry. Boris thinks he’s above everyone else and can do whatever he wants. He only cares about his own happiness and doesn’t care about others’ feelings. Besides…” Ziana lowered her voice and said, “He’s never liked you being close to me, and he will take any chance he can to say

something nasty.”

“Just ignore him. If you take it to heart, he’ll be laughing in his dreams. He just wants to make you feel bad.”

Ziana rambled on for a while, but Edison’s expression didn’t seem to ease up. He remained serious.

Ziana paused for a moment and then said, “Edison, I’m finished. It’s your turn. If you’re unhappy or have any emotions, you can tell me. I can tell that you are not happy now. You don’t look like the person I know at all.”

“Oh, by the way,” Ziana remembered something else and let out a long sigh, “I’m sorry about your childhood. You went through a lot, but you are really excellent now.”

“I’m excellent now. So have you fallen in love with me?” Edison’s lips twitched, and his voice was somewhat cold.

Edison looked at Ziana, leaning forward, and the distance between them instantly narrowed.

Ziana saw her reflection in Edison’s pupils, blinked, and finally lowered her head, saying, “Not yet. I’m sorry, but I can’t lie to you.”

“You don’t need to apologize to me. It’s not your fault that you didn’t fall in love with me.” Edison stirred his coffee with a spoon and said, “But you don’t dislike me, right?”

“Yes.”

“Maybe after I say these things, you will hate me.” Edison chuckled lightly, trying to sound more relaxed.

But Edison still avoided Ziana’s eyes. He just watched the coffee spin around with the spoon and said, “Ziana, I apologized to you earlier because I lied to you.”

Ziana’s hand, which was holding the spoon, paused, and she looked up in confusion. “What?”

“I said I lied to you.” Edison raised his eyes this time. “Boris is right. When I talked about my childhood, I did have selfish motives, and I did have a purpose to pretend to be miserable. Boris was right about my purpose as well. I just wanted to win your concern and attention, as well as your pity.

“I wanted you to care more about me. If I were more greedy, I wanted you to pity me and fall in love with me because you felt sorry for me.

“It sounds shameless, doesn’t it?”