224

Chapter 224 He Wants to Recover His Memory

They met with the doctor.

The doctor looked very young, but his demeanor was quite elegant and calm.

On him, there was a restrained and profound quality that naturally evoked trust.

Biber said solemnly, “Hank, 1 entrust this matter to you.”

Hank nodded, looked at Boris, and noticed the darkness in his eyes, gesturing for him to sit first.

“Don’t be nervous. Have you been sleeping well lately?” His voice had a calming tone as he asked lightly.

Boris’s face was not very good–looking, “Yes.”

Hank calmly placed his hand on Boris’s clenched fist to comfort him, “Don’t be nervous. Based on what I understand, as long as you cooperate actively, your condition is not difficult to manage. Can you tell me about your recent symptoms?”

Boris lowered his gaze and looked at Hank’s hand, “Hand tremors, irritability, insomnia.”

Hank understood, “Have you been having nightmares?”

Boris admitted, “I used to have nightmares occasionally, but in the past half month, I’ve been having nightmares every day.”

Hank continued to inquire gently, “What kind of nightmares do you have?”

Boris was silent for a moment, “They are chaotic.”

His dreams were strange and bizarre.

Sometimes he dreamed of his childhood, sometimes of five years ago.

Most of the time, he dreamed of a group of floating ghosts, faceless but with gaping mouths that bit at him.

Often at this time, he would wake up from the dream in pain.

The feeling of being bitten in the dream was so real that occasionally he would feel pain all over his body even after waking up.

After listening, Hank maintained a professional attitude and said, “I heard from Biber that you seem to have lost some of your memory. The faceless ghosts in your dreams may be related to that lost memory, and you feel pain because that memory itself

is painful.”

“Can you help me recover my memory?” Boris asked.

He had a strong intuition that the lost memory was important to him.

However, his empty mind made him doubt if he had really lost his memory, and if everything was just his imagination.

Hank smiled, “There are many reasons for amnesia, sometimes it’s pathological, sometimes it’s psychological. First, go get a check–up, and when the results come out, we can analyze the feasibility of memory recovery.”

He pressed the intercom button and soon a nurse came and took Boris away.

After Boris left, Biber said to Hank, “Brother, I suspect it’s PTSD.”

PTSD, also known as post–traumatic stress disorder, refers to a delayed or persistent mental disorder that occurs in individuals who have experienced severe threats to their life or physical integrity and have excessive fear and suffering, belonging to a type of mental illness.

Hank did not deny it, and after seriously pondering for a moment, he said, “There’s about an 80% chance, but his situation is a bit special.”

Most PTSD patients develop symptoms within days to months after a traumatic event.