289

Chapter 289 Five Years Ago 5

At that time, Boris and Ziana had been together for almost a month, and he knew Ziana’s daily routine. Ziana was accustomed to going to bed at exactly nine o’clock every night.

Generally, Ziana would not come here during the day as she would be busy learning

various things.

She would only come over after 5:30 p.m., and she would never arrive later than 7 p.m.

After Ziana arrived, she would have dinner with Boris and chat with him for a while. Ziana would leave just after 8 p.m.

Boris wondered if something had delayed Ziana today.

He kept looking at the clock and lost all interest in the materials he was reading.

Feeling agitated, he threw the laptop to the side and repeatedly rubbed his forehead.

He did not have Ziana’s contact information or a phone number, so he had no choice but

to wait for her.

Finally, at 8:30 p.m., Boris couldn’t sit still anymore and got up from the bed with his

cane.

He went to the door, and the security guard outside looked at him curiously and asked, “Mr. Lewis, is there something you need?”

“Hasn’t Miss Scott come today?” Boris tried to make his tone sound less nervous.

The guard checked his watch and said, “Perhaps something has held her up, but Miss

Scott usually goes to bed at nine and is unlikely to come now.”

Boris felt inexplicably disappointed but more worried. “Has she encountered any tricky situations? Does she need help?”

The security guard was assigned to protect Boris and didn’t usually interact with Ziana,

so he didn’t know much about her situation.

He answered honestly, “I don’t know. Why don’t you ask Lynn later? Lynn takes care of

Miss Scott.”

Lynn was a maid who would come with the doctor every night before Boris went to sleep to check on him and report to Ziana.

After the doctor finished his checkup, Boris stopped Lynn and politely asked, “I want to ask why Miss Scott didn’t come today.”

Lynn knew that Miss Scott admired Boris very much, so she naturally treated him with respect. “It rained today, so Miss Scott didn’t come.”

Boris still didn’t understand. “Why didn’t she come just because of the rain?”

“Miss Scott doesn’t like the rain. She doesn’t like stepping on water or getting her shoes wet,” Lynn smiled and reminded him, “You should also get some rest. Miss Scott is unlikely to come today.”

Knowing that Ziana was not in any trouble, Boris felt relieved, but there was still a void

in his heart.

After 9 p.m., Boris had planned to read for a while longer. However, today, after Lynn left, he lay down on the bed even though it was still before 9 p.m.

Initially, Boris thought about the Lewis family, but later he thought about his own injury. Finally, his mind wandered to Ziana.

Annoyed, Boris covered his eyes with his hand and let out a helpless sigh.