230

Chapter 230 I’m Not the Painter Back, Really

Colter felt confused when he heard the question. He looked at Ziana through the screen with a weird expression, “Ziana, are you kidding? It is you who ask someone to give me the painting!”

“What?” Ziana was shocked because she never expected this.

She was confused and asked uncertainly, “I gave it to you? When? Why don’t I remember!”

Colter had thought she told lies at first, but now he noticed something was wrong. He became serious, “Have you lost your memory? Is it true or not? It was at your sixteen–year–old that you sent it from an island!”

The keyword sixteen was like a switch which made Ziana silent.

When she met Roger Hutch, he also mentioned her sixteen–year–old.

He said that when she was sixteen, she had promised to worship him as a teacher. But she broke her word.

She didn’t remember it at all!

When she was sixteen, she only remembered that she was learning martial arts.

But Roger and Colter didn’t need to lie to her.

So whether their memory was wrong, or her memory was wrong.

Did she really lose her memory?

Ziana was confused and asked eagerly, “You said I asked someone to send it to you. Did I say anything at that time?”

She tried to remember something through some details.

Colter on the screen narrowed his eyes, lost in his remembrance.

He shook his head, “No. This series of paintings was sent to the studio suddenly one day. The address was from your island. When I saw it, I subconsciously thought it was you who painted it. Because I knew your brushwork and skills. But the styles of that series were different from your previous paintings, so I think it was your new style.”

“You didn’t contact me then?” Ziana asked.

Colter stared at her, “I have contacted, but I failed to get in touch with you. Who knew where you were! But you mean you really didn’t draw this series of paintings? Then who painted them? Who is back?”

“It’s not me, and back isn’t my stage name either.” Ziana just said that, and then she was not sure for a moment.

Because when she copied the painting of Katyusha’s Prayer, she clearly felt that she chimed perfectly with the original painter’s style. She could even feel the emotional fluctuations and temperature of the original painter through the strokes of

the brush.

The total time she had finished the painting was two hours shorter than she predicted.

At that time, she felt that she admired the painter back and planned to meet her.

Now combined with everything she had learned, she felt she plunged into the fog.

Is she the painter back?

After the call with Colter ended, Ziana sat quietly for a while.

She carefully recalled her experience when she was sixteen years old.

Then she discovered that her past was very simple.

She spent most of the time on the island. She either learned skills from her masters or kept in retreat in the mountains.

In April of that year, she packed her bags and went to Nansen Waley to learn martial arts on a whim. She had been learning martial arts ever since.

She couldn’t recall what Roger said about being an apprentice, nor the painting that Colter said.

Ziana didn’t figure it out, and finally decided to go downstairs to find Yudel.

Yudel had been with her since she was a child. If she really lost her memory, Yudel must know.

Maybe he had a clue about the painting of Katyusha.

When Ziana came downstairs, Yudel was playing with Ewen.

Ewen’s eyes were black and big, and made him look very smart.

After Ewen saw her, he opened his arms wide to hug Ziana. Ziana hugged him and kissed him several times.

The little guy was happy, giggling and snuggling up to Ziana.

Ziana liked to touch the little guy’s chubby arms and legs, which was so soft to hold them in hands.

“Why don’t you sleep tonight, baby?” She rubbed his little face, “Do you want mommy to put you down for sleep?”

Ewen smiled and danced with his hands and feet. After she played with him for a while, the little guy got lazy and lay in her

arms obediently.

She comforted Ewen while she looked at Yudel.

Yudel pushed his glasses, “If you have something to say, just say it. When do we become so hesitant to talk?”

Ziana was surprised, “Is my expression so obvious?”

“What do you want to ask?” Yudel was curious, “Who called just now? Edison?”

He raised his eyebrows deliberately as he said, “You seem to get closer to him recently. Are you ready to be his girlfriend?”

“Don’t you want me to be his girlfriend?” Ziana reminded him, “You were the one who introduced him to me.”

“I just hope you can know other men. As to being his girlfriend or not, it all depends on your own mind.” Yudel sipped the coffee on the table, “So, what exactly do you want to ask?”

Ziana asked straight, “Yudel, did I lose my memory?”

Yudel paused while drinking coffee, and soon returned to normal.

He couldn’t help but smile. His eyes behind the glasses looked mysteriously serene because of the overhead light.

“Why do you think so?” Yudel leaned on the back of the chair with his legs crossing, “Do you think you have lost your

memory?”

Ziana rolled her eyes, “I asked you because I didn’t know. Don’t waste time. Tell me quickly!”

“How could I know what you don’t know?” Yudel patted his long legs when he caught a glimpse of Ziana’s fierce eyes. He coughed, “However, as far as I know, you don’t lose memory. What’s wrong? Why do you ask such a strange question suddenly? What happened?”

So Ziana told him everything about the painter back and her paintings.

Yudel was surprised when he heard the Katyusha’s Prayer was signed with back.

After the incident in that year, she went in and out of the studio frequently.

It was also through her strange words that they speculated that she had a mental problem, and they forcibly intervened.

Later, those paintings in the studio were all locked up by him. The painter back also ceased to exist along with those paintings.

It didn’t occur to him that there were something he omitted.

Yudel was so smart that he remembered when he sent those paintings after thinking for a while.

At that time, she and Boris were rescued by Edison. After they were sent to the island, Boris’s health was terrible.

She never stayed away from him, and often drew pictures for him even though he couldn’t see anything at that time. Then one day, she packaged and sent some paintings, saying they were works for Colter’s exhibition.

At that time, everyone on the island was trying their best to save Boris, not to mention that she was acting normally at that time. So no one paid special attention to the paintings she sent.

“Yudel, if I don’t have amnesia, how to explain the painting?” Ziana asked persistently, “It was sent from our house. Who else could do it except me?”