226

Chapter 226 She Knew They Were Married Before

After hearing the answer, Boris quietly looked at him without saying anything.

This made Colter feel uncertain.

His eyes were cold, and he looked a little scary. Could it be that Boris found out that he was lying?

But Colter only wavered for a moment before steadying himself.

What was his status, and what was Boris‘?

Even if he was found to be lying, would Boris dare to be impolite to him due to his status in the literary and art circle?

Colter thought so and straightened his back, looking back at Boris calmly.

Boris suddenly laughed.

He laughed casually, took out a cigarette with his slender fingers, tapped it lightly on the table, and leaned slightly to offer it to Colter respectfully.

Colter didn’t drink, but he loved smoking.

Boris‘ attitude pleased him, and he accepted the cigarette graciously.

Boris lit it for him naturally, “I do have that idea. Her paintings are very unique. Although the date of the signature is five years ago, her style is still at the forefront of the trend even now. I personally appreciate it, so I’d like to ask you to introduce

us.”

This statement was polite and pleasing.

Colter slumped his face deliberately, now he couldn’t help but feel complacent, “You should know whose work it is. The paintings I personally selected and certified are, of course, extraordinary.”

He spoke without mentioning the introduction.

Boris didn’t get annoyed by the response.

He followed Colter’s words and praised the painting’s technique and realm at a leisurely pace.

When it came to professional matters, Colter was proud. He guessed Boris‘ thoughts, as he was displeased with him because of Ziana. No matter what was said, he wanted to take advantage of Boris. So, he mentioned several projects he was preparing.

People said that Boris was shrewd and ruthless in business.

He didn’t expect to gain any advantage. He just tried to see if he could harm the interests of Boris‘. Surprisingly, Boris agreed

to invest readily.

Colter was speechless.

He had prepared a lot of words but didn’t get the chance to say it.

Did he agree so easily?

Who said Boris was shrewd? He was more like a foolish son of the landlord who was easy to deceive.

Wait a minute!

He did all this just to get to know Back?

Could it be that he knew Ziana was Back and was trying to test him?

Just as he thought about it, Boris did indeed bring the topic back, “Sir, about contacting Back.”

Colter felt embarrassed as Boris had already given him some benefits.

He vaguely agreed, and his words were very tactful, “Well… I… I’m not saying that I won’t do it for you… but… we need to find the right approach. There are always difficulties in everything, but there are more solutions than problems, right? So, about Back’s matter, let’s leave it at that for now, okay?”