336

Chapter 136 This Is Your Retribution

Both Luke and Clare choked.

Unsaleable goods?

It they were considered unsaleable goods, what would other men be?

Detective goods?

Although the two complained in their minds, neither of them dared to argue openly with their own mother.

They could not win anyway.

Therefore, both of them chose to remain silent.

Luke kept his expressionless face and said nothing, while Clare lowered his head and filled his plate.

Seeing this, Nancy felt she could not let the two of them off so easily.

She glanced at Clare and said, “All you know is eat, how do you have the appetite to eat when you don’t even have a girlfriend?”

Clare held the plate in his hand, not knowing whether to continue or put it down.

He looked at Nancy and said helplessly. “Muin, Luke is older than me, if he is not in a hurry, neither am I.”

What Clare meant to tell her mother was that if her mother wanted to rush him to get married, she should rush Luke

first and he could wait.

Luke turned his head and looked at Clare calmly.

Clare pretended not to see it and continued, “Mum, didn’t Luke say yesterday that he was looking for a flash

marriage?”

“That’s right!” As this matter was brought up, Nancy immediately became excited. “When are you going to have a flash marriage?”

Luke had a bit of a headache. He just said it casually yesterday, but he did not expect it to be taken seriously.

Luke paused and said, “Mum, I don’t think the meaning of life lies in marriage. I think the sense of pleasure and accomplishment I get through work is not inferior to what marriage brings me. So, I’m not in a hurry to get married.”

“Why are you not in a hurry? The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction brought by work is completely different from that brought by marriage. Besides, your situation is completely different.” Nancy glared at Luke and said, “You don’t even talk to women at all, you might as well be a monk since you’re so much of a prude.”

Luke said seriously, “I won’t become a monk.”

“You better not!” Nancy snorted, “You have to experience and try everything. Women are the cutest existence in the world. Is your heart made of stone? How are you not interested in women at all?”

Luke was helpless. “I just find them troublesome.”

There were two women in his family, no, there were three now.

All throughout his life, Nancy and Ziana were creatures one more delicate than the other, and needed him to pamper and flatter them as much as possible.

As a creature that delicate, women needed not just money, but a lot of attention and love.

They were like delicate flowers. Time, money, and sincerity were indispensable. Otherwise, the flowers would not bloom well enough

Never mind if he did not have a woman, but if he did, he had to take care of her with everything he had. Therefore, he did not find a woman because he did not want to spend the time and effort on them.