299

Chapter 299 Five Years Ago 15 (End)

The Scotts found that Ziana had lost a lot of hair and even committed self–mutilation.

That was what Nancy saw.

Since that happened to Ziana, Nancy no longer went to parties and stayed with Ziana every day.

One morning, Nancy prepared breakfast for Ziana. When Nancy went upstairs to call Ziana, she smelled a strange smell.

It was like the smell of roasting skin.

When Nancy rushed into Ziana’s room, she found Ziana’s right leg burned, but Ziana was expressionless.

Nancy felt she had been struck by lightning and cried for a long time with Ziana in her arms.

Ziana said something over and over again.

“Mommy, I harmed him.

“He became what he is now because of me. Mommy, I want him to get better.

“Mommy, can you help him? I don’t know what to do to his eyes.”

Nancy would do anything for Ziana.

Nancy comforted Ziana for a long time and said she would make Boris‘ eyes be healed.

Nancy conveyed Ziana’s words to the Scotts.

Luke thought for a moment. “Two years ago, there was a successful eyeball transplantation in a research institute. The institute has had five successful cases in the past two years. I can contact them and send Boris there.”

“Is the success rate high?”

“Eighty percent,” Luke replied. “It also depends on many factors, but we can have a try.”

What happened to Boris affected Ziana, and Ziana’s mood affected the Scott family. Therefore, it was decided.

The Scott family didn’t tell Ziana about it until they got a reply.

Ziana was in a slump, unable to get excited about anything.

In front of Boris, she was the same as before.

Ziana kept talking with Boris and asked him to sing for her before she fell asleep. She became clingier.

She prepared many gifts and even moved to Boris‘ room to sleep with him.

Boris couldn’t see, so he didn’t know Ziana’s situation. He could only feel her emotions in her voice.

Ziana was smart and good at disguising herself.

Boris had never noticed anything wrong with Ziana and was even secretly happy that the incident did not cast a shadow over Ziana.

One day, Luke came to Boris and told him that Ziana was suffering from depression.

Luke told Boris about Ziana’s self–mutilation. As Luke expected, he saw Boris‘ hands clenched into fists.

“Moreover, you were diagnosed with PTSD.” Luke touched his cane and said in a calm and cruel tone. “The experience

has had a great impact on Ziana. She is too young to bear it. The psychologist suggested that the best way is hypnosis.”

Boris compressed his lips, “Can hypnosis cure her?”

“If she forgets what had happened, she will not be tortured by the memory.” Luke reminded Boris, “She will also forget you.”

Boris understood. He rubbed his hands. “That is why you are here.”

“That’s right. You should know her feelings for you. She thinks that all you have suffered is because of her. She has complicated feelings for you. If she knows hypnosis would make her forget you, she won’t accept it.”