262

Chapter 262 The Surprise He Prepared for Her

Calvin quickly took Edison to the tenth floor and opened the door. It was a suite and it was exactly as Edison had remembered it to be.

The maids had just finished cleaning the suite and put on new sheets and quilts before exiting respectfully.

The room was filled with the fragrance of lit incense. A sumptuous dinner with fruit and desserts was set on the table.

Having sent Edison to his room, Calvin said with a smile, “Mr. Andrew, if you feel bored after dinner, you can go upstairs to relax. However, it’s best for you to return to your room and rest before nine.”

A doting smile appeared on Edison’s face as he said, “I know, she has to go to bed on time at nine.”

Edison had only found out about this habit of Ziana not long ago.

When that incident happened five years ago, Ziana suffered from insomnia almost every night.

Calvin’s tone was very gentle as he talked about Ziana.

Calvin’s family had been working for the Scott family for generations. When it came to Calvin’s turn, he basically watched Ziana grow up. Therefore, naturally, Calvin treated Ziana with the love and kindness of an elder.

“Yes, Miss Scott has a very high and imperative need for impeccable sleep quality. I’ll send someone to remind you at 8:50.”

“No need. I won’t be going anywhere tonight.” Edison sat down and gestured for Calvin to sit down too and said, “It’s been a long day of running around, I’m exhausted. I’ll take a shower later and sleep after.”

Calvin glanced at Edison. Probably noticing that Edison had something to say, Calvin accepted Edison’s invitation and sat down. “What else can I do for you, Mr. Andrew?” Calvin asked.

“It’s about Ziana.” Edison looked at Calvin calmly, “I’m pursuing her right now, but it appears to me that she seemed to have forgotten about what happened five years ago, am I right?”

Calvin smiled faintly and said, “I believe Mr. Scott should have reminded Mr. Andrew not to mention what happened five years ago to Miss Scott.”

Indeed, Yudel did say that to Edison.

In fact, Edison had already received this special reminder from Yudel before his first visit to the villa in Japera City.

Edison knew more or less about what happened five years ago, and he understood it was a painful memory for Ziana.

At first, Edison thought Yudel had told him not to bring this sorrowful matter up because Yudel cared and loved his younger sister Ziana and did not want Ziana to be reminded of it.

It was not until later that Edison gradually had come to realize that something was not right.

Seeing that Edison did not respond, Calvin got up, handed the cutlery to Edison personally, and said, “Mr. Andrew, I hope you can keep this a secret. Enjoy your meal. If you’ll excuse me, I have something else to attend to.”

Edison nodded and watched Calvin leave.

Although Calvin was a butler, he was still much more talented and capable than most ordinary people.

After all, everyone who lived in the Scott family’s castle was talented in one way or another, none of them were ordinary.

Even those maids, without exception, all had advanced degrees and had passed multiple interviews to get in.