253

Chapter 253 Edison’s Past

Catherine Andrew, the eldest princess of Western Royalty, worked in the royal family after she came of age. She focused on developing education and proposed many beneficial policies.

Under her efforts, compulsory education in the Western region was expanded, with private and higher education developing fast.

According to the Western monarchy’s succession system, any child of the royal family had a chance of being appointed as the successor. It mainly depended on their personal ability.

“Princess Catherine is the most popular candidate,” Biber reported to Boris while they were in the car. “Assuming nothing unexpected happens, she will inherit the throne after the old king passes away, but your recent activities in the West have made her feel threatened.”

The old king of the Western region had nine children, including illegitimate children.

Among these nine people, except for the fourth daughter who lacked ambition, the other eight were engaged in various forms of competition.

The old king knew that they were fiercely competing but never intervened. Instead, he showed

support.

He openly stated that the main assessment criteria for the next heir were the economic value they

created.

Among his children, whoever invested in industries that contributed the most to economic growth and earned the most wealth for Western Royalty would win.

Thus, members of Western Royalty had corresponding financial support from various consortia.

These financial backers hoped to receive favorable policies from the royal family member they supported as compensation when he or she inherited the throne.

In addition to this, they also formed relationships and cooperated with major companies behind closed doors to improve their chances of ascending to the throne.

Biber continued speaking when Boris stayed silent, “Boris, you wanted to investigate why Edison came to Japera City, so you extended an olive branch through the Bush Company. As expected, members of the Western Royalty have become active. Everyone knows this is a big deal, and if we can negotiate the deal, it will greatly improve our competitiveness.”

“Although Edison is not in the Western region, our people have met Princess Lia several times, and it’s clear that she really wants to secure the deal. However, Princess Lia is very tight–lipped about

Edison, so we haven’t found out why Edison approached Ziana.”

“On the contrary, Princess Catherine believed that we would support Edison. She knew that the Scott Company already supported Edison, and his strength would increase significantly if the Bush

Company joined. Therefore, she couldn’t sit still and began soliciting investments everywhere. She also contacted the head of the Bush Company, saying she wanted to negotiate a deal with you.”

Boris raised his eyebrows lazily and said in a casual tone, “If she can provide me with the information I want, then I don’t mind working with her.”

He didn’t like Edison competing with him for his woinen.

Similarly, Princess Catherine wouldn’t like Edison contending with her for the throne.

By this logic, he and Princess Catherine were on the same side.

After an hour’s drive, they finally met Catherine.