304

Chapter 304 Men Without Title

Max and Naney had known each other since they were children and had been together for decades.

Max knew Nancy very well, so when she spoke, he understood her meaning immediately.

He continued the conversation. “Ewen, your grandma is right. When I was pursuing her, I followed her wherever she went. Even if she was with other men or had other dates, I didn’t give up. I created opportunities to be close to her.”

Nancy recalled the past and sounded a little annoyed, “I didn’t even know you had feelings for me back then. Come to think of it, were you the one who ruined my chances with those other men I was interested in?”

Max didn’t want to stir up trouble.

He was there to give advice, not to create problems for himself.

“We’re destined to be together, so let’s leave those things behind closed doors for later,” he said, trying to change the subject to Ewen, “We’re teaching Ewen how to woo his future wife, aren’t we?”

Nancy gave Max a look that said he should consider himself lucky, then sarcastically said, “Forget it, Ewen is still young. We can wait at least twenty years before teaching him how to woo a wife. If we talk to him about it now, all enthusiasm will be for nothing. Who knows, he might not even care!”

Boris’ heart skipped a beat.

At first, he didn’t understand Nancy’s meaning and thought she was blaming him for what he had done in the past three years.

But as he listened further, he began to feel that something was off. It wasn’t until this moment that he suddenly realized what was happening.

Our

He suppressed his excitement and moved his lips slightly, saying in a deep voice, “Mom, Dad, I heard everything, and

I’ve remembered it.”

There were only the three of them in the living room, so it was impossible not to hear Boris’ clear pronunciation of

“Mom” and “Dad”.

Nancy immediately exclaimed, “Mr. Lewis, who are you calling ‘Moin’? I’m not your mother!”

Max looked at Boris with approval.

This was really putting what he had learned into practice.

But with his wife nearby, he quickly echoed, “And who are you calling ‘Dad’? I’m not your father!”

“You’re Ziana’s parents, so it’s only natural for me to call you ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad’.” Boris said, looking calm but feeling

nervous inside.

He didn’t have a good relationship with his own parents, and he had only called them “Mom” and “Dad” a few times in his life,

These two words were very unfamiliar to him.

But to his surprise, after he said them, he felt a sense of joy that he couldn’t quite put into words.

Nancy took the opportunity to say, “You and Ziana don’t have a relationship now. It was you who asked for a divorce, wasn’t it?”

“I was married to her for three years, and we have a child together. As long as you are Ewen’s grandparents, you are my parents,” Boris’ palms were sweating nervously, but his tone did not show it. “I will try my best to win Ziana back.

Thank you both”

“But don’t just talk the talk,” Nancy glanced at him and got down to business. “As for our opinion of you, to be honest, we appreciate and approve of you. Five years ago, you and Ziana went through life and death together, and we saw the depth of your feelings for her. So, three years ago, when she chose you, we let her go to find you.

“As Ziana’s mother, I also regret that you were separated for reasons beyond your control,” she sighed, “Since she chose you three years ago, we thought that it was your fate, and maybe you could continue your relationship. That’s what we all hope to see

“I was thinking of confessing to you about the hypnosis incident, but the doctor said that hypnosis is a form of treatment, and actively remembering and passively being reminded are different. Actively remembering indicates an improvement in the condition, and when the time comes to reinind her of everything, it will be more beneficial for the recovery or even complete healing. So, for your and Ziana’s sake, we can only wait,” she explained.

“That’s why we didn’t let you tell Ziana the reason,” Max added, “If she can remember it on her own, it means that her body and mind have enough resilience.”

Boris had silently blamed them for their deceit and presumption, but he was never the kind of person to dwell solely on complaints.

Everyone had their own stance in this matter, and their motivations were all for the sake of Ziana.

They all hoped that Ziana would be alright, so who could really be blamed?

Seeing him silent, Nancy spoke up again, this time more plainly. “As parents, we want what’s best for our child. We hope that you and Ziana can reconcile, given your past and the fact that you have a child together. However, if Ziana truly does not want to reconcile with you, we will support her decision.

“In other words, if Ziana accepts you, we accept you. If she doesn’t, we don’t either.”

Boris sat upright and looked earnestly at the two of them. “Mom, Dad, I understand your feelings. I never wanted to give up on her. The reason we got divorced was because…”

This was a difficult thing to speak about.

He paused and spoke haltingly, “You all know about what happened in the Lewis family five years ago. There was chaos in the family, and I thought we had already cleared out those people. But one day, I received a threat from them, and my parents were killed and driven insane in the resulting upheaval. My mother is still in a mental hospital to this

day.”

Boris sighed. “At the time, I thought she was just a meek and gentle woman from the mountains. I was afraid they would use underhanded tactics and I wouldn’t be able to protect her, so I…”

Max understood. “Someone is coming after you?”

“They’re coming for me,” Boris confirmed.

Max nodded knowingly. “Do you have any leads now?”

“I’ll handle it. I’ve arranged for people to secretly protect Ziana, but it would be best if you also sent some more help. I’m not sure if our relationship has been discovered by the other side, and if they find out about Ewen’s existence, they might have some evil intentions,” Boris expressed his concerns.

“If anyone dares to harm my precious Ewen, I’ll dig up his ancestors’ graves!” Nancy exclaimed in anger.

Max reassured Boris. “You don’t have to worry about Ziana’s safety.”

“What is he worried about anyway? He doesn’t have any status or name,” Nancy began to speak sarcastically. “He’s

Get Bonus

just using his ex-husband title. What kind of ability is that? A real man should have status and a name. You have a child together, yet you don’t even have a position in front of the woman. It’s embarrassing to even talk about it.”

Boris remained silent.

“You should be a little more aware of the crisis. There are hundreds of people in Ziana’s rebound fellow group waiting to be Ewen’s stepfather,” Nancy teased Ewen. Suddenly, she frowned and said, “Oh, Ewen has gained weight. After

carrying him for a while, my arms feel a little tired.”