300

Chapter 300 Don’t Tell Her

When Luke said that, Boris remembered something.

Luke had been cold and proud for years. Only once did he condescend to pour Boris a glass of water.

That happened after Boris’ surgery.

The doctor told Boris the surgery was a success and that they would see how he recovered in the future.

Luke was also there. Hearing that, he asked the doctor some questions and handed Boris a cup of water.

Boris drank the water and soon felt tired and sleepy, so he fell asleep.

As for what happened next, Boris couldn’t remember it.

It turned out to be like that.

Boris’ eyes turned cold, and his expression was hostile.

He compressed his lips and looked at Luke. “It was my business. You shouldn’t interfere.”

Luke sat in front of Boris.

Both Luke and Boris were tough. They looked at each other for a moment, and neither of them gave in.

Luke looked Boris up and down and explained in a deep voice, “You were seriously ill at that time. I thought you would get better after the surgery, but you didn’t. The doctor advised you to accept treatment soon, and you wouldn’t agree to be hypnotized. I only made the right decision for Ziana, and it turned out my decision was right. Your current state

is much better than it was back then.”

Hearing Ziana’s name, Boris looked away.

He frowned and became frustrated. “Since it has happened, forget it.”

It was meaningless to argue about it.

What had happened could not be changed.

Luke continued to talk about the follow-up. “After you drank the water, Professor Charlie hypnotized you. After the hypnosis, we had someone send you to the seaside. When we saw someone rescue you, we knew you would be safe. I didn’t pay attention to what happened to you from then on. Three years later, when Ziana chose a fiancé at eighteen, someone in our family showed her your photo.”

There were mixed feelings in Boris’ eyes.

Luke understood that. “Ziana liked you, and we wouldn’t stop her. We all knew what you had done for her. If there were not so many ups and downs between you and her, you would live a happy life. However, there was no if. Therefore, three years ago, we decided to give you and her another chance. She chose you, but it seemed that you hadn’t chosen her.

“What’s going on between you and Vivi?” Luke remembered the information he had received from Yudel. “Is she the one who saved you by the sea?”

Boris twitched his mouth. “I thought she saved me, and she didn’t deny it and claimed to be my savior. I asked her what she wanted. She said she wanted to be my girlfriend.”

“I heard that you divorced Ziana because of her.” Luke smiled sarcastically. “It was said that you would marry soon

Since

you and Vivi are about to marry, forget what happened between you and Ziana.

“I’m talking about what happened five years ago and your marriage.”

Boris didn’t speak for a long time. Finally, he shook his head. “I have never thought of letting Ziana go.”

There was a sparkle of excitement in Luke’s eyes, and he raised his eyebrow and looked at Boris.

Boris said, “I won’t give up unless I die.”

“Deal with your relationship with Vivi first.” Luke touched his cane and changed the topic. “I’ve told you so much, but it’s not the most important. I came to remind you not to tell Ziana about what happened five years ago. Mr. Lewis, do you understand what we mean?

“She is living happily and doesn’t have those painful memories. No one knows what will happen to her if she learns about that. What if she gets sick again? Professor Charlie said that depression might relapse. Do you want her to go through the pain again?”

Boris smiled mockingly, “You’re bullying me again.”

Five years before, Luke made Boris disappear for the sake of Ziana.

Five years later, Luke asked Boris to keep silent for the sake of Ziana.

Luke looked at Boris quietly. What he said was exactly the same as before. “You will agree, won’t you?”

How could Boris disagree?

After five years, he would make the same choice when it came to Ziana.

He wanted her to be fine. As long as she was fine, he would not be regretful no matter what he did.

Boris smiled faintly and didn’t answer. It was tacit consent.

Luke seemed to have expected that.

“There is one more thing that needs your cooperation,” Luke said solemnly as if it was something important. “I suspect that there is a mastermind behind those men. I have been investigating for years, but nothing was found with the clues provided by you.”

Since Boris and Ziana returned to the Scott family, they were in bad condition.

In order not to irritate them, Luke could only sound out something.

Boris’ condition was not bad. Seeing that, Luke wanted to take the chance. “Tell me the information you know.”

“There is a mastermind behind them,” Boris said firmly. “The boy kidnapped Ziana because someone instructed him. It should be the boy’s father. I don’t know his father’s name, but the boy’s subordinates called him Mr. Collins.”

“Mr. Collins? Luke repeated.

Boris nodded, “Mr. Collins once called the boy, and the boy told his subordinates Mr. Collins had a woman when he

was young. That woman abandoned Mr. Collins and gave birth to a son with someone else. The boy said the woman’s

son was a (bas ta r d) and that he kidnapped us to pave the way for that (bas ta r d).”

“Pave the way? What did he mean?” Luke asked. Then, he released a knowing smile. “I probably know.”

“You investigated the people behind the scenes because you were worried someone might harm Ziana, didn’t you?”

“Although those people were all dead, I was afraid someone was behind the scenes. He would hate the Scott family and Ziana. Therefore, I haven’t relaxed all these years and have been investigating what happened back then,” Luke said truthfully.

Boris was thoughtful. In their position, both Boris and Luke never dared to think of anything simply.

“Have you found anything?” Boris asked. “My men can help.”

Luke glanced at Boris. “Someone was suspicious. However, all his information was flawless, and he had revealed

nothing in the past five years. What you said is of great value, and I will have my men continue to investigate. I hope

to gain something.”

“By the way, they said the language of Galia. It sounded like they were from Oia County in eastern Galia.” Boris added,

“Mr. Collins’ headquarters may be there.”